Missing Sky 1 on DM 500-C

black_arab

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello guys can any shed some light on this problem for me. I have just got around to getting a Dreambox back up and running and after reading through the threads I have managed to get it working again.

My problem is whatever scan I try to do there is always missing channels, the worse one is Sky 1 which I just cant pick up for some reason. I know some people have problems picking up certain channels (E Entertainment wont show, although it picks up on a scan probably = signal problem) but Sky 1 will just not put in an appearance.

I have updated to the latest DW 2.1, done the keys etc and can pick up evrything else.

Please help...

If you know your NetId or possibly just your general area then somebody might be able to provide the correct details for Sky1 in your location.

With dreamboxes though, unless you have a relatively high signal level (in comparison to normal UK cable signal levels) then there is a good chance you are unable to pick up certain transponders.

Also have you tried the magic Yellow Brick?

I was missing Sky 1 but after fiddling with the slope and gain controls on my Yellow brick I get SKY 1 plus all the others channels with no problems.

BK

If you know your NetId or possibly just your general area then somebody might be able to provide the correct details for Sky1 in your location.

With dreamboxes though, unless you have a relatively high signal level (in comparison to normal UK cable signal levels) then there is a good chance you are unable to pick up certain transponders.

Yes mate I know my netid and freq for Sky1 as I took it off a DBox and tried a manual scan. It must be down to signal strength I guess.

Thanks for your reply

Also have you tried the magic Yellow Brick?

I was missing Sky 1 but after fiddling with the slope and gain controls on my Yellow brick I get SKY 1 plus all the others channels with no problems.

BK

I bought a Chinese one years ago so I think I will dig it out and try that. It worked a treat then so maybe it'll help now. The strange thing is with the 0.3 beta image on it picked up every channel but some would not show but this image (for me anyway) wont pick up Sky1 and probably no adult either.

Thanks for your help

Try the fast scanning method that is posted in one of the stickys in this section. It found all the missing channels for me.

I have the same problem got all the other channels but no scy1, tryed fast scanning found about 4 more channels but still no scy1. i'm useing older image 2.0 was going to update but i see black arab same problem with 2.1. anyone help (w midlands virbin)

Last edited:
signal issue

every dm500c in the birmingham area will have the same problem

u need to boost the signal

Is this the right one or am i looking at the wrong ones or is this one a bag of shite.

Is this the right one or am i looking at the wrong ones or is this one a bag of shite.

Is it yellow? Can't vouch for that one you listed, looks ok but very very cheap and I would be dubious. But then again, for the money...might be worth a punt.

Here is the yellow brick type (which I and many others have).

Clicky

Thank you. yes i can see the differants in the 2, i will get the 1 you recommanded thank for the reply you have save me some cash.

Hello guys can any shed some light on this problem for me. I have just got around to getting a Dreambox back up and running and after reading through the threads I have managed to get it working again.

My problem is whatever scan I try to do there is always missing channels, the worse one is Sky 1 which I just cant pick up for some reason. I know some people have problems picking up certain channels (E Entertainment wont show, although it picks up on a scan probably = signal problem) but Sky 1 will just not put in an appearance.

I have updated to the latest DW 2.1, done the keys etc and can pick up evrything else.

Please help...

bristol has always had problems with this transponder

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/192083/

Last edited by a moderator:
Back