Missing My Daughter

jooxs1981

Inactive User
Reaction score
my daughter is 14 months tomorrow for the past 7 months I have been on sick leave with a liver infection. I am back at work even though I only work 2 days a week coming back to this place does suck. Everymorning my daughter use to jump out of her bed cot and jump in to our bed she use to sleep with us for about 2 hours, she then use to wake us up pulling on our hair and kicking us damn i miss that. What was everyone elses experiences like when having their first child.

I just had a nice 4 days with my 2 year old. She was hugging and kissing me and shouting daddy all over the place. But now I have to go back to work which means I barely see her during the week and work may carry on into the weekend.

I can relate. It sux.

Last edited:
Our 1st Child (of 4) is over 30 now! there was no disposable nappies then, only the terry towel ones, usually soaking in a plastic bucket, We had a twin tub washing machine, I remember the house was that damp, there use to be a rainbow over the (B&W) telly,

thoes were the days

I have similar memories to ph@ntom about the (Zorbit) terry nappies. I know some young families still use them.
35 years ago is a bit long to remember. But I do remember waking up one morning with a gloss paint brush stuck to my hair (the little cnt pmsl), and also the smell of smoke in the house. Only to find the paint tin on fire in the middle of the sitting room. We had to cover up the round burn mark with a rug.
Guess we were really lucky that day.
I dont think we were neglectful, we couldn't chain him up lol, it was just one of those unfortunate things that we can laugh about now.

i remember my little ones how much they giggled and laughed baby larfs are so infectious bless. my youngest used to say things like "cat current n nenanade" for blackcurrent and lemonade. yes i know its bad for em but we all did things different then. and everything was "cat!" for look at that. the innoccents on their faces . so sweet. they 17 and 14 now. oh ps. my eldest used to love to dip his dummy in my baileys hehehe. .............slept well mind . funnily enuough he dont like to drink at all now. which is good really.nor smoke thankfully . good kids really. p,,,ss me off big time at times both being teenagers but hey ho. lifes too short, glad for small mercys suppose xx

Back