mini web on tm800

georgecabby

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi Ive had a tm 800 now for over a month and I have tried over and over again to get on the miniweb page .I have followed the instructions listed here in these forums ie: put ip address in pc I do all of this and every time get the page showing tv stations and not the mini web page.Does the fact that I have a router from Sky broadband have any matter in stopping this page from showing on my pc and this is also happening on a friends system whos also on sky

Hello and welcome. There is miniroot, mini web and web interface.

If the box boots fully you will get into web interface. You need to do the following:

to enter miniweb, keep your eye on the front display when booting, as soon as it says 'checking key' press OK on the front of the receiver, NOT THE REMOTE, and an IP will be displayed, enter this IP into a web browser window and youll be connected to the miniweb

If you are trying to flash an image, miniweb is not recommended.

Hi and thanks for the reply but I am doing all you suggest and still not getting mini web ,my friend tool his box to technomate today and they got into miniweb straight away on his box but when he got back home tried the same proceedure but still no miniweb and he phoned technomate who said it could be his router.Thus my tread in the forum. I am not flashing

Have you setup the network settings on the receiver first?
What IP address is it showing on the front of the receiver? Is it booting fully, it shouldn't?

Could you describe again what happens when yoo press OK as soon as "checking key" comes up on the display on the receiver?

thanks for your reply .the network is up and running so far when I press the ok button when checking shows ,a page appears saying IQ team checking with the ip address 192.168.0.6 also on the box display the same number is shown in a running banner and the tv stays on the blue page with nothing else going on untill you reboot

That's looking good, it should be that way.

What happens when you enter 192.168.0.6 in the address bar of your browser on your PC? (I use Firefox and I.E)

I get the page showing the tv station lists and other pages relating to power settings ,box controls ,no mini web at all

those features are only in the web interface. box has booted fully.

i did same thing before. see the sticky

Last edited:
Last few questions I hope.........

As per post 5, do you leave it with the scrolling number and enter IP in browser or do you reboot, boot fully and then enter the IP address on your browser?
What image are you using just in case....?

If we can't get into mini root, what is your objective? There may be another way.

Have a look at the sticky in the TM 800 section on how to use dreamboxedit. You will be able to save the bouquets to your PC by selecting "receive files from dreambox", modify them and then send back.

There are also pre-made lists if you don't want to keep modifying it. Have a look at Rat's list which is brilliant for 28.2 (UK) users. He puts a great deal of effort into it maintaining it. There is also an auto update plugin for Rat's list.

Back