microsft office 2010

craigneuk

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi i am using the above and using Microsoft outlook
After a while all me e-mails disappear in one of my accounts and its pissing me of
I need to try and retrieve this account as its got a load of invoices in it
I have 5 email accounts and this is my most important one and this is twice its happened in the past 4 months
anybody any ideas cheers

Could it be auto-archiving them to somewhere?

Or removing them from the server due to a client setting.

i think its auto archiving them but where i do no

There should be a setting to leave emails on server. If this is not enabled, they get moved from server to device.

There should be a setting to leave emails on server. If this is not enabled, they get moved from server to device.

I have 2 accounts on the one server and it keeps them on all time its just when they come through outlook one account has lots more emails than the other and its the one with most i keep losing, sorry if im not a whizz kid at computers
just looking for point in right direction
and for mods to laugh well.........
can put people of you know

How are u connecting to the mail accounts? Pop3 or imap? Or are they Exchange accounts from a company server?

For the archive.pst, look in users/yourid/appdata/roaming/Microsoft/outlook

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How are u connecting to the mail accounts? Pop3 or imap? Or are they Exchange accounts from a company server?

For the archive.pst, look in users/yourid/appdata/roaming/Microsoft/outlook

pop3 mate will have a look just now cheers

found outlook data files how do i put them back into outlook and what should i be looking for to stop it happening again
cheers

Pop3 deletes from the server once it's downloaded - I'd say it's downloading either 1) to another client somewhere 2) outlook had a problem, maybe more than 1 mail profile?

Pop3 deletes from the server once it's downloaded - I'd say it's downloading either 1) to another client somewhere 2) outlook had a problem, maybe more than 1 mail profile?

my email accounts are with bt and most of my messages are still on there
I have got some in folder dated 2013, I cant seem to work this out will try again tomorrow.Thanks for your help

In outlook Click file / account settings / double click your account / more settings / advanced / untick remove from server after 14 days.

turn off autoarchive by clicking / file / options / advanced / autoarchive settings / untick autoarchive every 14 days.

log on to bt account and drag emails from the folder dated 2013 into your inbox and they should re-sync to outlook, also check spam settings in your bt account. it might be marking them as spam before they get to outlook.

Back