Michelle's Chart History

Zooropa

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Pop Idol winner Michelle McManus has made history after her new single All This Time went straight to number one.
The Glaswegian became the first Scottish female singer to top the charts with her debut release.
Michelle will enter the Guinness Book of British Hit Singles after her single outsold the former number one, Mad World, by four to one.
Gary Jules is now at number two, while American artist Kelis reached number three with her new single Milkshake.
Ozzy Osbourne and daughter Kelly drop two places to number four with their duet Changes.
Michelle, 23, said getting to the top of the charts "meant the world" to her.
She added: "It feels absolutely amazing, I'm still in a dream-like state, I am extremely grateful to everyone who bought the single, thank you so much. It means the world to me.
"As for entering the The Guinness Book of British Hit Singles all I can say is that I'm so proud to be able to do this for Scotland."
David Roberts, Editor of the record book said Michelle's success meant Pop Idol was not on its way out.
"It's interesting to see the bubble of Pop Idol still hasn't burst and the winners are still assured of a number one slot with huge sales," he said.

Back