Mechanic/auto electrician

Jackel

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive only gone and lost my car keys on the golf course:Clap: idiot, and my spare which hasn't been used for a while doesn't recognise the immoboliser anymore, i believe there is a work around if you have a four digit key code, which i havent. I have done a few searches but not come up with much to be honest.

Does anyone know or can point me in the right direction for reprogramming a Renault Megane 1.4 preg key fob. I have been quoted 48 quid with the code but am sure there are other avenues to explore first.

Any help or advice appreciated cheers.

Ive only gone and lost my car keys on the golf course:Clap: idiot, and my spare which hasn't been used for a while doesn't recognise the immoboliser anymore, i believe there is a work around if you have a four digit key code, which i havent. I have done a few searches but not come up with much to be honest.

Does anyone know or can point me in the right direction for reprogramming a Renault Megane 1.4 preg key fob. I have been quoted 48 quid with the code but am sure there are other avenues to explore first.

Any help or advice appreciated cheers.

Just asking my mate hes an auto electrician

Andy.

I'll ask someone at work tomorrow mate. I work at headquarters so im sure someone will know.

What area are you in?

Yes seen them Andy what i need to get is the 4 digit key code that enables me to reset/ sync the spare i have to the immobiliser i can prob go a dealership with photo id and v5 and try and blag it, for about 10 15 quid.

Would appreciate what advice your mate has.

Just checked for you mate and the cheapest the guy can do it is nearly double what you been quoted (it was main dealer).
Never played with renault lol damn things

Well i have finally managed to get the 4 digid key code and will have a go tomorrow at the sequences with the central locking button in the car fingers crossed.

Thanks for the help and info guys.

Well it worked but seems i have to enter 4 digit key code every time i want to use the car, the fob has not synced with the immobiliser, oh well may have to spend some money grrrrr.

Talk about lucky, got a phone call this morning someone had found my car key over the weekend and handed it in, well chuffed.

Back