McVitie's ban Union flag

But management ordered it taken down after other employees complained that it was "offensive" and a threat to their "dignity at work"

WTF is wrong with some people, its the national flag of the country they live in FFS

everywhere i go theres little union jacks and a few welsh flash dotted about

offensive, my arse, just a reason to moan

Typical aint it - burn a flag and ur just avin a bit of giggly fun at someones expense...but have the audacity to, and pardon me for using offensive language....'''''WAVE''''' the damn thing...and ur guilty of trying to incite World War 3 ffs!!!! Shame on you McVities...stand up for yourselves

I wonder if they are the same ones who moaned to get lemon and lime jaffa cakes.

98802021_44022ce870.jpg

jaffa cakes should always be orange. simples

Here is the official response from United Biscuits;

Dear Mr. -------

Thank you for your e-mail regarding the Union flag in the Scotland site.

Despite recent press allegations United Biscuits can categorically confirm that it has not banned the union flag from any of its sites. At Tollcross, in line with all other factories in the UK, celebratory decorations are on display which include the union flag.

The initial Tollcross canteen decorations did include some union flags which resulted in complaints from some employees. Given the recent well publicised football sectarian tensions in Glasgow, with the union flag linked with one particular team, the management of our Glasgow factory chose a more neutral theme for their canteen decorations featuring purple bunting and pictures of the happy couple. Their aim was to ensure that all employees could wholeheartedly join in the wedding celebrations without any football associations. However this change resulted in complaints from a different group of employees and so union flags will remain as part of the decorations.

McVitie's is a proud British brand and has just launched a promotion featuring the union flag on a number of its products to highlight the fact that it sources its wheat from the UK.

Kind regards,
Sue Gibson
Consumer Services Co-ordinator

The initial Tollcross canteen decorations did include some union flags which resulted in complaints from some employees. Given the recent well publicised football sectarian tensions in Glasgow, with the union flag linked with one particular team, the management of our Glasgow factory chose a more neutral theme for their canteen decorations featuring purple bunting and pictures of the happy couple. Their aim was to ensure that all employees could wholeheartedly join in the wedding celebrations without any football associations. However this change resulted in complaints from a different group of employees and so union flags will remain as part of the decorations.

My suggestion is to put these narrow minded fcukwits in a shed & let them kick 7 shades of shoite out of each other. With attitudes like that, they would be best employed with a care in the community work scheme.

They're all a bunch of dirty papish bastrds and/or stinking orange hun anyway.

Who'd miss 'em?

My suggestion is to put these narrow minded fcukwits in a shed & let them kick 7 shades of shoite out of each other. With attitudes like that, they would be best employed with a care in the community work scheme.

They're all a bunch of dirty papish bastrds and/or stinking orange hun anyway.

Who'd miss 'em?

lol think u will find it was the papish bs as you call them that where doing the moaning as always, nothing to do with the orange ones.

Back