McAfee possibly the worst company in the world

MA

Childrens but still respected
Reaction score
Sorry if this sounds like im just ranting, but this stuff has to be said, to warn others of the poor quality products and services that Mcafee provides.

It all started in May 2005. I had purchased Mcafee virus scan 9, and it was all gravy, until one day in late July, i turned on my computer and virus scan just wasnt working. So after about a 2 weeks of calls, emails, and online chat sessions with McAfee customer support and technical support, there still wasnt a solution - So i requested a refund. But they said that i wasnt entitled to a refund, as i was past the 60-day-money-back period, which is total bulshiznat, because i reported the fault within the period, but because their bonehead customer support were too incompetant to sort it out, it took 2 weeks which took me out of the 60 day period :Angryfire

So, i continued to call & email, complaining that it was their fault, and that i should get my refund. After i another week later, they told me that they would give me a refund, as a goodwill gesture. So i waited, and waited, and waited.:(

about 1 month or so later, i received an email saying that there was a problem with the refund, and that i would need to resend them the credit card details so that the refund could go ahead, and sending via Fax was the ONLY way. My dad was not very happy with this, and we both thought it was some sort of scam. So I called up the number that they provided me with on the email to check the authenticity of the email, and it turned out to be some organisation in the USA :confused:

So i got back on the phone with Mcafee, and decided to give my details over the phone instead of fax, and they told me the refund would take about 3 - 5 working days to process. That was back in october, and now it was december!!! So i called them up again, and they said that there was never a refund request on my account, and that i would have to do it again! By this time, my patience was growing thin, so i decided to do it one last time, and so i did. And since then i've been waiting, and calling, and they keep fobbing me off with some silly excuses. And now its january :Mad2:

The moral of the story is: DO NOT PURCHASE MCAFEE PRODUCTS.

McAfee don't have to do anything after 30 days have gone by. Any software firm can turn around and say it's something you've done too. The person on the other end doesn't really care either. They will fob you off if they can. At the end of the day, it doesn't affect them in anyway and it's less hassle for them seeings they have to pass on your details to someone in the right department and authorize it. When dealing with anything like this, you need to speak to a manager.

Now, if you want a truly terrible company to deal with, get on the phone to Sky.

It was their fault that the money-back period had passed without me being able to claim a refund. I've been waiting since late July for my refund.

Also, everytime i asked to speak to someone more senior, like the manager, they would say that he/she is not in.

Last edited:
Ya back in the 80s sky took money out of our account twice for the same bill. It took plenty of cussing from us to get our money back.

truss me, these guys are proper duckheads. The customer & technical support assistants kept getting rude to me, and acting like they didnt know what i was on about. :(

I suggest you do get some virusscanning software, to get protection from McAfee, they are the real virus, virus in society, they're a freakin disease - McAfee is an abscess upon the foot of humanity :Angryfire

This whole ordeal has been very time & money consuming, but I betta shut up now, before i get sued for slander :proud:

Last edited:
Well done M8

Let people know about bad service from large
faceless companies - hit them in the pocket
- it's the only thing they understand!

Thanks again for the warning - i won't be buying
mcafee products

I Use Macafee And Never Had Any Problems Will It Whats So Ever

Back