Maxim 11-54-26 TV AUO - No power

neorage

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Woop First Thread..

Right had a google and seems to be a common problem,

power board seems to have died, not yet opend up the unit,

get no power light from the locking push power switch so im assuimg either a safty fuse has gone or something more sinister...

would you recommend a new power board or to test and repair the old one :)

Mucho Thanks

I'd try the obvious first n test the fuse in the Plug if you haven't already, and for anything that shows no power at all! I know it sounds stupid and I don't wish to imply your an idiot, but I had this only recently with a neighbour n a power extension cable!

I'd open it up (Unplugged from the mains) for a visual inspection before making a decision, Identify any part numbers you can see, pics might help, n if possible try n find a service manual which may be difficult for the less popular brands.

Hope digi's fixed one! LOL :)

Thanks for getting the ball rolling :)

dw fuse was the first port of call..

havent opened it up yet due to a wrecing ball 4yo

gonna wit till shes got the weekend at her nans to open it up.

as for ball rolling got another LCD that needs fixing with a Horisontal Sync issue (intermittant) but thats another thread when i get details

a lot of these have internal fuses, if theres no lights at all, then its the power supply, more than likely the hot (live) side or a major problem with one or more components on the cold side, but this would normally still bring on the standby light

check the internal fuse, with a multimeter, also visually check the big ~400v capacitor for signs of swelling and/or leaking, sets this size sometimes blow a chip to bits on the board, im waiting for a bag to arrive from china, 2 sets with same fault

if you could post some pics though we could help more

right know ive left it a while..

internal safty fuse was shot.. rest of the boards seem fine. tho one of the 400v caps has a slight outwards buldge.. tho doent look sinister..

would i be safe just to replace the fuse.. or should i delve into why it blew in the first place..

fuse is a T3.15AL240V glass fuse

if the cap is bulging, it could be shorted inside, but, if it is bulging, then it wont be smoothing the current like its designed to, and will still stop the set from working properly. theyre generally around 100µf 400V and can be picked up from maplins for around a quid, make note of the poliarity though, as putting one of these in backwards makes one hell of a pop

fuse and cap will set you back about £1.50

Back