Mason Greenwood has charges of attempted rape and assault DROPPED more than a year after Man Utd star was arrested

Reading between the lines of what I've been reading today...they still think he's guilty, but don't have enough now to make it stick.

It'll be interesting to see how Man U handle it.

Reading between the lines of what I've been reading today...they still think he's guilty, but don't have enough now to make it stick.

I have read numerous article on it today and didn't come up with that conclusion they have had over 12 months so far and case was due november surely they could of got the evidence by then if it existed? I don't particularly like the bloke either, but believe he's been stitched up a bit. Hopefully might straighten his attitude out a bit.

CPS said
“We have a duty to keep cases under continuous review.
“In this case a combination of the withdrawal of key witnesses and new material that came to light meant there was no longer a realistic prospect of conviction"
"In these circumstances, we are under a duty to stop the case."

Last edited:
Benefit of the doubt so to speak.

Greenwood and Man Utd have released statements; HERE

I don't think that Benjamin Mendy being acquitted of 6 charges of rape against 4 different women would inspire the CPS to go ahead. Greenwood was in a relationship with his victim which further complicates things. They would need to be almost 100% sure of winning at trial to justify the cost of a prosecution.

Just because they are going no further doesn't make him innocent.
Wonder if Joe Bloggs working nights in a factory and living on a Council estate would have been acquitted or had his case dropped??

It's harder for a rich and famous footballer/popstar/actor or even a prince who can't sweat, to get done for rape than it is to climb Everest.

Maybe they are not always guilty? Ever thought of that?
Sometimes maybe, but there is no smoke without fire 99% of the time and I can't believe that all those women lied about what Benjamin Mendy did, do you?

It's harder for a rich and famous footballer/popstar/actor or even a prince who can't sweat, to get done for rape than it is to climb Everest.
Big difference though. Prince Andrew was "judged" over a dubious photo and the words of a proven liar/serial accuser. I have no idea whether he's guilty or not and neither does anyone else except him and her and possibly Maxwell.

We all heard the Greenwood audio. He wasn't taking no for an answer. "He'd asked nicely and said no so what else was he supposed to do"?? We all know the answer to that is to stop, except him of course.

What gets my goat is any man accused of rape is generally named, the woman/women are allowed anonymity, until he is proven innocent and sometimes beyond, whilst I think everyone proved beyond doubt has raped someone "male or female" should be castrated , identities should remain secret until a guilty verdict is proven , it ruins a person's life being accused then found innocent.

Back