Mark Speight apparently found dead

ekwat

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
TV host Mark Speight 'found dead'

Family members had been appealing to Mr Speight to contact them
The body of a man, believed to be missing TV presenter Mark Speight, has been found in a remote area of London's Paddington station, police have said.

Officers are treating the death as "unexplained" but have confirmed that the man had not been hit by a train.

Mr Speight, 42, disappeared last Monday, three months after the death of his fiancee, Natasha Collins.

She was discovered in a bath at their flat in London after the pair had taken cocaine, sleeping pills and alcohol.

The body of the man was found at about 1000 BST at the station.

Mr Speight's relatives have been informed of the discovery, police said, but a formal identification has yet to take place.

Mr Speight said in January he was "distraught" at Miss Collins' death

Video footage from CCTV cameras at the station is to be studied by officers as part of their investigation.

The presenter, who was the host of BBC children's show SMart until February, was reported missing last Monday when he failed to meet Miss Collins' mother as arranged.

He was recorded on a security camera entering Queen's Park underground station in north-west London.

Then, 22 minutes later, he boarded a train on the Bakerloo Line, which serves Paddington.

'Fragile state'

Relatives had made a number of appeals over the past few days, with his father, Oliver, urging him to get in touch and not to "give up" during his time of grief.

The families of both Mr Speight and Miss Collins had issued a joint statement, expressing their "deep concern" and saying he had been in "a fragile state of mind" when he vanished.

Police had released CCTV footage of Mr Speight at Queen's Park station

A friend had also described how Mr Speight, originally from Wolverhampton, had been planning a concert as a tribute to his late fiancee, which would have raised money for one of her chosen charities.

Mr Speight, originally from Wolverhampton, had been arrested on suspicion of murder and supplying Class A drugs following the discovery of Miss Collins' body at their St John's Wood flat on 3 January.

No charges were brought, however.

She suffered burns on 60% of her body from boiling water and had suffered a drugs overdose.

A coroner recorded a verdict of death by misadventure at an inquest earlier this month.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7345486.stm

JUST SAY NO!!!

drugs, seriously hard drugs will feck you up. kids dont do it!!!

say hello to janis and jimmy, rant over

sad..... RIP m8

: grim :

must be desperate days when youre only answer is suicide.
always hate to hear of that ... surely theres always a better way out of whatever shit youre in?
maybe not .. who knows till youre at that point i suppose

shame.... RIP
He seemed to have a real talent, can't be anything worse for a parent, when their child die's before them.

What I found strange is that it took 6 days for his body to be found in a busy railway station. There must be hundreds of people walking all over the station - how come noone noticed? RIP.

What I found strange is that it took 6 days for his body to be found in a busy railway station. There must be hundreds of people walking all over the station - how come noone noticed? RIP.

yeah that was my first thought too mate... doesn't say a lot for the cleaning staff, the CCTV coverage or the security patrols if there are areas of a major national railway station that are out of sight enough for a body to not be noticed for nearly a week. sad.

While any death is a loss, and I do feel for the family of Mark. We must not forget for every one of Mark there are maybe 10 people who never get to make it to the headlines. lets not forget them as well.

The filth of drugs does not only effect those that are involved in it but some of it effects all society.

Drugs destroy lives. Most of my friends who where my age and did drugs, are all dead now.

It is so sad when the only answer someone has to end their pain is by taking their own life. Made worse as he was so talented and adored by many kids. Looked like a stand up guy. Dont think he could cope with the loss of his partner and the resulting accusation which he was cleared of.

Am real sad it led to this. Hope he is able to rest in peace and knows he will be sorely missed not least by his family and friends.

I dont wanna do the whole drugs debate thing but do you all realise that Alcohol and Cigarettes are both drugs and proberly kill more people than all the illegal drugs put together.

RIP Mark.

Back