manuallt twaek sats on tm 800

squig007

DW Member +
Reaction score
i done a usuals scan tonight and the box couldnt pick up 16 east correctly - is there any way i can manually twael the box and then lock it in once i find the sat ?

squig

I had the same problem with 16e, and as DD explained to me, it's all down to dish alignment, 16e is in between 2 strong satellites therefore any slight discrepancy in dish alignment will cause problems, have a look here.....

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/247071/

hi guys please help .I got the box working on friday eveing but was not happy with the signal strength on sky so last night when i was having a mess around with it i lost 16 east completley - so i done a rescan last night and went to bed . thsi mornign when i got up the box hadnt picked up any sats at all .

could someone give me a step by step guide using usuals with this box please as i must be doing something stupidly wrong.
also when i put my long and lat in it says east and north do i need to change it to something else or leave as is lat 54.330 long 6.0458

i have used my old technomate 5400 to lock onto sats - it's finding 39 east 28 east skips 19 east and 16 east finds 13 east but goes past it a bit and finds 1 and 30 west - does it sound as though my dish is out of aligment as well ?

any help appreciated guys thanks

squig

cheers for the advice pal but realigning teh dish would be liek chinnese to me - but can i manually move the dish to lock onto a sat like i can with my old tm 5400 ?

I've not found a way yet, realigning isn't as difficult as you may think.

I thought you just had a professional in to set up dish and box squig ?

hi guys please help .I got the box working on friday eveing but was not happy with the signal strength on sky so last night when i was having a mess around with it i lost 16 east completley - so i done a rescan last night and went to bed . thsi mornign when i got up the box hadnt picked up any sats at all .

could someone give me a step by step guide using usuals with this box please as i must be doing something stupidly wrong.
also when i put my long and lat in it says east and north do i need to change it to something else or leave as is lat 54.330 long 6.0458

i have used my old technomate 5400 to lock onto sats - it's finding 39 east 28 east skips 19 east and 16 east finds 13 east but goes past it a bit and finds 1 and 30 west - does it sound as though my dish is out of aligment as well ?

any help appreciated guys thanks

squig

To check if your dish is out of alingment send it to thor at 0.8w. The go out and check that the motor is showing 0.8w if not manualy drive it to the correct position.

Once that is done either use a sat finder meter or have someone inside watching the screen on bbc world and slowly adjust the dish elevation untill you get the best signal possible.

If you give me your postcode i can check you lat and long for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont kow what im doing wring - i moved the disg to 30 west with my technomate 5400 and teh signal strenth wa 94% so i then connected up the 800 put in my lat long then added just 30west and 28 east to see what would happen (note is was already on 30 west ) and then hit auto scan and the dish moved of the sat and wouldnt lock is it something im doing wrond here guys ?

squig

Dude, you've got to get the dish aligned, I used to have a TM1500 on my setup and much like yourself It scanned all sats no problem with good signal, but now with the TM800HD it was way off.

i knwo it need realgine db ut is there anyway i can manually move the ish with the tm 800 to get some channels in until i can get a say engineer to realign it for me ?

Think you may have a prob with your long and lat as I've just typed them co-ordinates in and it says your in the sea?

Have you changed Long to West?

Last edited:
58.539 NORTH

16.743 WEST

Is that what you have in usals?

no , have i be puting it in wrong then ? fu** me

i had in lat - 54.5530 long 006.045

boys it's working - if i could i would buy you all a nice pint especailly sargie .im going to let it scan now for a few hours and then ill be back with a new torture.

i have the wifi adaptor coming on tue - so no doubt ill get stuck on that was well lol

squig

boys it's working - if i could i would buy you all a nice pint especailly sargie .im going to let it scan now for a few hours and then ill be back with a new torture.

i have the wifi adaptor coming on tue - so no doubt ill get stuck on that was well lol

squig

Excellent m8 i was exactly the same as you not so long a go and i still make mistakes.

Usualy turns out to be the simplest user error but it's the only way we can learn.

If you need any more help m8 we are always here.

If you have the manual for your motor look for the table which shows positions that are used to store each satelitte.

1) Go to settings - server searching -tuner settings change usals to no
2) Go to positioner and select sat to tune.tweak with fine adjustment until you are satisfied you have the strongest signal and save to position as noted earler.
3) back to tuner settings and change usals yes.The motor will move sat to your tweaked position until the motor is reset.

Hope this helps

Wasn't the satellite that Eutelsat lost last week due to be positioned at 26east?

What a fecking waste. 26east is badly needing some power.

Nothing really, it has a few Canal plus bouquets and is home to loads of Arabic channels.

Back