manuall install cover art in xbox360

idol42002

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi
i have xbox 360 with jtag and freestyle dash 3. i have all my games on external hdd. can anybody help me how to install cover art manually? so i could see the coveres in the game librry? manually only. my xbox is not connected to the net.
thx
ido

Re: How To Install FreeStyle dashboard Xbox 360 Jtag [How to here!] YouTube Video

I thought I'd posted on this over the weekend.

Uni mate, how can it get covers and game details etc. without connecting to the net? At work so haven't had a chance to read/watch that youtube video that you posted.

Is there any reason that you can't connect it it to the net to get your covers?

If you do just check a few things.

• connection to live under family settings is blocked.
  • creation of xbox live profile is blocked
  • which version of dashlaunch do you have ?

@dibbers op said is xbox is not on the net not that he had no internet at all i was in thinking just connect the h/d to pc and use fsd indexer

aha! yeah man, good call, forgot about that FSD indexer thing......

Nice one. Could work, if it was me, I'd just connect it to the net (I'd find a way!)

@dibbers op said is xbox is not on the net not that he had no internet at all i was in thinking just connect the h/d to pc and use fsd indexer

i used fsd indexer. gon new folder with all the artcover but whan i conneced t xbox still didnt got the cover. what im doing wrong?

im afraid to get ban and lock to my xbox. thats why im not connecting it to the net

as long as you set up parental controls and block all access to live in there, creation of accounts and also use dash launch then you'll be fine.....

is there any way to get cover art back in main dash with the new update,not a fan of fsd but all my games be blank(do like the simplicity of getting fsd running properly)

OK, all depends on what you have set up.

Make sure that an account for "live" can not be created, and also block access to it in parental settings, then make sure that "live strong = false" in dash launch. (I'm sure you know that all ready so sorry bud)

then you'd have to delete your game paths, then re-add them and the cover art will appear as if by magic, or if you have the above settings done you can sit and manually update the cover art etc. pain doing it that way though.....how ever any new games added to your paths you'd have to do a manual artwork refresh any way mate.

You can also mess on with DNS settings if you like, as logn as you have "live blocked" in the normal dash then you'll be good to go.

thanks

old post on it here

Last edited by a moderator:
im meaning on the microsoft dash,since the last update they are all blank,cant imagine anything done in dashlaunch/fsd settings would alter the proer dash?

oh sorry, thought you meant the FSD.

If you want to update your avatars if that's what you mean, then as long as you have updated to the latest xell and your on the new dash then simply download the official m$ USB dashupdate and whack that on a USB key and then plop that in your xbox, then take the update....you'll then find all your avatars are back.... :)

EDIT:

I think I'm getting the right end of the stick.....I think....game covers you mean in the official dash? or avatars?

wrong end of stick pal,avata and kinect arefine its the covers mine just looklike this at the moment

Attachments

• 20121113_201315.jpg
    20121113_201315.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
hmmmmm. mine doesn't show any games under the normal dashboard....least I don't think so, never ever looked really as I have FSD auto-booting..... I'll have a look in a bit and let you know bud.

A bloke has the same problem over at tx forums but no one knows why , maybe try writing another image to the box.

I didn't know you could see your games in the normal dash, why would you want to though? just wondering that's all as that's what FSD is for no? :)

I can't see anything other than xex menu in mine.......:?

simplicity m8,lids see pic of game they wanna play and select,fsd too many options and temptation for curious little minds

Back