Manchester United thread

I thought Evans played well, was much better against Cahill than he was against Zamora where he was quite poor. Thought he struggled with Yakubu though.
I thought it was the full backs who were poor, you cant let teams like Everton cross the ball so easily. Every god damn time Neville just lets them cross, he jus keeps backin away and never closes them down. O'shea is more of the same really but I would have rather him play right back and someone else come into middle of the pitch. Evra is still off-form, can understand why after that french disaster of a world cup.

I thought Evans played well, was much better against Cahill than he was against Zamora where he was quite poor. Thought he struggled with Yakubu though.
I thought it was the full backs who were poor, you cant let teams like Everton cross the ball so easily. Every god damn time Neville just lets them cross, he jus keeps backin away and never closes them down. O'shea is more of the same really but I would have rather him play right back and someone else come into middle of the pitch. Evra is still off-form, can understand why after that french disaster of a world cup.

think the only reason o'shea played in the middle was to mark fellaini who on his day is a bloody handful and in that respect i think he did pretty well... neville is definitely an issue, he was past it last season and cost us some crucial goals, notably joe cole at home and ribery away in champs league. the main reason for his 1yr extension i think was to tutor rafael coz in his hay day he was by the best right back in the country and one of the best in europe so i hope it rubs off on rafael who i think can be a world-beater with time, guidance & experience....

as i already mentioned i thought evans was very poor and looking at the 2nd everton goal was probably equally at fault as neville. neville pathetically let the cross come in & evans jumped and completely missed the ball... if we lose out on the title by 2-3 points this season, this and the fulham game for me would be to blame. should have been 6 points in the bag yet we only picked up 2....

Nevilles lost a yard and he's totally aware of it so he has to stand off even the likes of Baines. Sooner we get Rafael fit the better and even big Wes will be in better shape than nev these days. Evans has a weakness for any balls played in behind and it looks like it's been spotted and being targeted. Christ knows what O'shea and Evans was doing letting Cahill of all people get in between them. Both players are strong headers of the ball so the only answer really is complacency. God help em when they entered the dressing room post match. With Rooney out of form and injuries in major positions still think weve made a desent start to the season. Chelseas still a team of old farts and it's a long race, maybe should be mentioning the gooners as title rivals but i really dont believe they will hang in it right to the bitter end.

It's gonna be like one massive school trip with the fans not getting their match tickets if they are naughty lmao. I think they will get hammered and the team will get beat aswell ;)

Ecuador team doctor reveals Antonio Valencia has suffered double fracture

Ecuadorian could return within six months...

The Ecuador international has been booked in for surgery today, with manager Sir Alex Ferguson predicting a lengthy spell on the sidelines. Reminiscent of the damage ex-United utility man Alan Smith received in an FA Cup tie against Liverpool in February 2006, the concern for United is that Valencia also similarly comes back a shadow of the player.

Wish him all the best for a speedy recovery, absolutely gutted for him it really looked like a bad break. Felt bad for Broadfoot too he looked horrified.
Source

EDIT Latest news Valencia could return by the end of the season

Last edited:
WTF is wrong with you Mancs....you beat the old enemy and not a fekking post to beat it up us.

@bro....I at least expected a LAUGH from you...you know what I mean...:proud:

As for the match, you were the better team and started really fast but seemed to get a bit complacient after the 1st 10 minutes. We played a lot better in 2nd half and was realy pleased with Raul Meireles.

As for the count...unlike some Mancs on here and other forums...I have always said he has the talent to be a world class (yes world class) striker...if only he wasn't a lazy bassa, this season he isn't lazy so my prediction could be right.

We gave you a fekkin scare though but its not the worst thing getting beat away from home by the 2nd best team in england.

;)
2s7b87p.gif

just got in jaffa since yesterday about 3ish on the pish and hotel an stuff

i wonder how many will jump on the berbatov bandwagon now

Last edited:
@ jaffa we just cant be arsed anymore! ur soo shite its not even worth arguin bout it lol ;)

as for berba... nobody said he's shite..... we all know/knew his got the talent. the issue was with his workrate and laziness which im sure many will agree he has improved on so far this season...... at a club like utd, he couldnt play like he did at spurs which is literally what he was doin before this season.... the improvement this season has brought rewards for himself, he's makin an effort, chasing down moree than before and getn in the box which was a point i always made. as a striker he had to be in the box to have the opportunity to score and not keep on drifting out to the wings and in the middle on a regular basis. i think he's now starting to realise what it means to play for utd and how he should adapt his game to us.......

another kick up his backside was probably the signin of hernandez.. i remember a fergie interview just before the season started whereby he said he was intrigued as to how rooney & hernandez would link up and maybe this was fergie's message to berba to step it up or else it could be curtains.. i for one am happy and i hope it continues. there's no doubt strikers thrive on goals and berba is on top of the world. the 2nd goal was just sublime! :) i was at the game and the ovation he got from the fans was absolutely amazing and defeaning! bit sorta emotional as well coz that was probably what he's been yearning for a long time and it seems now the fans have taken and accepted him as a utd player....

We gave you a fekkin scare though but its not the worst thing getting beat away from home by the 2nd best team in england.

No, but it would have been the worst thing being beaten at home by the sixteenth best best in England! :banana:

No, but it would have been the worst thing being beaten at home by the sixteenth best best in England! :banana:
but being held away by the 19th best team is ok ??

i wonder how many will jump on the berbatov bandwagon now

Probably all the clueless ones, who jus follow united for the hell of it.

Anyway when he was at Spurs he was in my list as one of the best technical players in EPL, always put him in my fantasy squad.
When he came United and for £30.75mill no less I thought it was a mistake, he wouldnt fit united way of playing (due to his poor work rate and slow playing style), and for 2 years so it proved right, but im glad he has finally proved everyone who thought like that wrong.
I did say during pre-season campaign he looked very good, almost as good as his days at Spurs, and if he continued that form into season it would be great for himself and Man United. Lets hope he can continue this run of form for as long as possible.

Anyway issue is the defence. Vidic is the only player who has regained his top form and is playing brilliantly. Evans I thought had a great game yesterday until his silly mistake, which is typical young defender thing to do, he still needs time to improve. Evra is not in form and the Right back situation is just a shambles.

WTF is wrong with you Mancs....you beat the old enemy and not a fekking post to beat it up us.

@bro....I at least expected a LAUGH from you...you know what I mean...:proud:

As for the match, you were the better team and started really fast but seemed to get a bit complacient after the 1st 10 minutes. We played a lot better in 2nd half and was realy pleased with Raul Meireles.

As for the count...unlike some Mancs on here and other forums...I have always said he has the talent to be a world class (yes world class) striker...if only he wasn't a lazy bassa, this season he isn't lazy so my prediction could be right.

Weve give up on yoo lot to be honest, thought you had all left the forum lol looks like it's just you and dave carrying the flag ;)
Great result for us but didnt we just try and throw it away.. Again, at 2-0 there was only going to be one outcome then first Evans then O'shea pop up with 2 daft fouls (either of whom could have got sent off). Overall Liverpool was outplayed for the majority of the game and anything but 3 points for utd would have been a disaster tbh.
Thought Joe Cole did alright and also Meireles but the 2 old codgers bossed the midfield for utd. Berba's been in outstanding form of late and a well deserved hatrick but wtf was Carrag(her) and Torres doing for his 1st and 3rd goals ... brilliant to see Berba in such amazing form and it's not just his goals either, finally Fergies getting 30 million quids worth out of the lad, all we need now is some form from Rooney and Chelsea to actually play someone half decent. Who they got next ?? Fookin City then Arsenal lmao.

berbagoal2.jpg
104265826.jpg

Last edited:
but being held away by the 19th best team is ok ??

No, it's not OK but I couldn't handle a Liverpool team that are so bad that they reside in 16th position taking anything off us! :Fish:

No, it's not OK but I couldn't handle a Liverpool team that are so bad that they reside in 16th position taking anything off us! :Fish:
now come on fook if we had taken the 3 points off u we would have been 5th
city are only just a few points ahead of us and they are suposed to the the dogs bollox

well they are bollox lol

now come on fook if we had taken the 3 points off u we would have been 5th
city are only just a few points ahead of us and they are suposed to the the dogs bollox

well they are bollox lol

And this is how it feels to be City

ThisIsHowItFeels_Tevez.jpg

Heres a great shot from the game. Makes a rather cheerful desktop if your a utd fan.
Not my work courtesy of RedDevil @ the red cafe

berba.jpg

Back