Manchester United thread

Mason Greenwood is to "recommence his career away from Manchester United."

Statement:
Manchester United has concluded its internal investigation into the allegations made against Mason Greenwood.

Our process commenced in February 2023, following all charges against Mason being dropped. Throughout, we have taken into account the wishes, rights and perspective of the alleged victim along with the club’s standards and values, and sought to collate as much information and context as possible. This has required us to proceed with sensitivity and care to obtain evidence not in the public domain, including from those with direct knowledge of the case.

Based on the evidence available to us, we have concluded that the material posted online did not provide a full picture and that Mason did not commit the offences in respect of which he was originally charged. That said, as Mason publicly acknowledges today, he has made mistakes which he is taking responsibility for.

All those involved, including Mason, recognise the difficulties with him recommencing his career at Manchester United. It has therefore been mutually agreed that it would be most appropriate for him to do so away from Old Trafford, and we will now work with Mason to achieve that outcome.

At first I thought this was a right liberty, innocent man and all that, but when you read the artical between the lines I think there is something not quite right, best for him and all involved if he moves away to another club and area

Manchester United defender Raphael Varane will miss a few weeks with the injury he sustained against Nottingham Forest.

Varane, 30, was forced off at half-time of Saturday's 3-2 win at Old Trafford.

Club sources have played down suggestions he could miss as many as six weeks, and note the forthcoming international break will limit the number of matches he is absent for.

Sofyan Amrabat [Fiorentina - Manchester United] Loan

Jonny Evans [Leicester - Manchester United] Free

Sergio Reguilon [Tottenham - Manchester United] Loan

Jadon Sancho says he has been "a scapegoat for a long time" after Manchester United boss Erik ten Hag said he was dropped for Sunday's game at Arsenal because of poor training performance.
Sancho made 'a scapegoat' after being dropped
It seems the accusation of attentiveness has followed him around having been fined £86,000 by Borussia Dortmund for reporting back from international duty late in 2019 while a lack of game time at Euro 2020 was down to poor training levels, according to Gareth Southgate.

Sancho’s recent outburst will do more damage. It corners him into a situation with likely two outcomes; expulsion from Ten Hag’s plans or a late exit to Saudi Arabia with the window there not closing until Thursday.

As seen with Cristiano Ronaldo’s tantrum and Marcus Rashford’s accidental late training arrival last season, Ten Hag will not - must not, and cannot - be undermined, especially so publicly.

A man has been arrested over an alleged assault against Roy Keane during Arsenal vs Manchester United on Sunday.

An investigation is underway after a member of the public allegedly aimed a headbutt at the former United midfielder during the Premier League game at the Emirates Stadium.

A 42-year-old man has now been arrested and taken into custody while enquiries continue.

Manchester United forward Antony has been withdrawn from the Brazil squad for September’s international fixtures following allegations of domestic violence from his former partner Gabriela Cavallin.

Cavallin alleges she was subjected to a number of attacks by Antony between June 2022 and May this year.

Antony denies the allegations.

The Daily Mail claim that Chelsea ‘considered signing Sancho this summer but were concerned about his mindset’ while England boss Gareth Southgate ‘and his coaching staff have spoken about the problem of Sancho sulking when he is not selected in the line-up and the negative impact it can have on the atmosphere in camp’.

Antony will return to Manchester United training and will be available for selection again following a leave of absence over allegations of assault.

Antony remains under investigation by Greater Manchester Police (GMP) after his former partner Gabriela Cavallin alleged he assaulted her on separate occasions between June 2022 and May this year. He denies all allegations against him.

A club statement read: “Since allegations were first made in June, Antony has cooperated with police inquiries in both Brazil and the UK, and he continues to do so.

“As Antony’s employer, Manchester United has decided that he will resume training at Carrington, and be available for selection, while police inquiries proceed. This will be kept under review pending further developments in the case.

“As a club we condemn acts of violence and abuse. We recognise the importance of safeguarding all those involved in this situation, and acknowledge the impact these allegations have on survivors of abuse.”

ERIK TEN HAG is the bookies' second favourite to be sacked following Manchester United's awful start to the season.

The Dutchman's second season with the Red Devils - which he went into having spent a whopping £200million in the transfer market - has been nothing short of disastrous.

Paul Heckingbottom - 4/5
Erik ten Hag - 7/2 WAS 12/1
Sean Dyche - 11/2
Andoni Iraola - 8/1
Gary O'Neil - 12/1
Mauricio Pochettino - 16/1
Rob Edwards - 16/1
Marco Silva - 20/1
Vincent Kompany - 20/1
Steve Cooper - 25/1

I know this maybe a bit OTT, BUT is it possible that the Clubs Players Men & Women & then all the Employed staff Manager, Coach, etc etc etc Cloud be on a Mission to have a very Bad Season within the Prem & the EU so the Glazers & Directors all loose massive profits. & force a Sale.

Maybe This could be the case, Because never in all the years I have only seen this so bad at the Club was when Manchester United was sent down into the old second division in the 74-75 season.

I have been following the Club since I was 11 years old which was at that time 1966 when England won the World Cup & Young School kids were starting to follow Football Sports a Lot more. :)

I know this maybe a bit OTT, BUT is it possible that the Clubs Players Men & Women & then all the Employed staff Manager, Coach, etc etc etc Cloud be on a Mission to have a very Bad Season within the Prem & the EU so the Glazers & Directors all loose massive profits. & force a Sale.

Maybe This could be the case, Because never in all the years I have only seen this so bad at the Club was when Manchester United was sent down into the old second division in the 74-75 season.

I have been following the Club since I was 11 years old which was at that time 1966 when England won the World Cup & Young School kids were starting to follow Football Sports a Lot more. :)
Simple answer to that is no. There is no way on this planet that a premier league player would devalue themselves by deliberately and consistently putting in a poor performance. They will ensure they come first and then the club. Their wages, future transfer fees and advertising deals hinge on their performances and FIFA ratings.
Obviously I'm referring only to the Mens game.

Well chookey,
I can quote many a time that some players have done the dirty deeds more than once. Example is Injury faking is bang up there with some players I could mention, I have seen a few of them at Man Utd. It was really funny how some Players got Injured just before the Transfer window opened & we knew the reasons why It was simply because of the massive wages they were getting at Manchester United and Knew that not a chance in Hell they would have got the same wage in ANY OTHER Club in the Premier LOL.. I guess we all have our opinions. :)

Last edited:
Looks like Sir Jim Radcliffe is about to join the Glazers. Not only will he have little or no power but he'll be taking out his yearly dividends therefore adding to the problem

No it won't affect me that's for sure I was mearly pointing out a fact. It might keep you up with a semi on though

Back