Manchester United thread

:tumbleweed:

Reminds me of a Bjork song, can't quite remember the name of it :err:

Maybe a Man Ure fan will be able to help me. ;)

its quiet in here

tumbleweed.gif

Sir Alex Ferguson has been charged by the Football Association with improper conduct over comments he made about referee Martin Atkinson.

The Manchester United boss said he had "feared the worst" when Atkinson was appointed for Tuesday's game with Chelsea, which United lost 2-1.

Ferguson has until 1600 GMT next Tuesday to respond to the charge.

He also has two matches of a four-game ban from last season hanging over him after remarks about referee Alan Wiley.

Following their defeat at Stamford Bridge, Ferguson told MUTV: "You want a fair referee, or a strong referee anyway - and we didn't get that.

"I must say, when I saw who the referee was I feared it. I feared the worst."

Ferguson was angry over Atkinson's failure to dismiss Chelsea defender David Luiz for fouls on Javier Hernandez and Wayne Rooney after he had already been booked.

He was further upset when Chelsea were awarded what he considered a "soft" penalty when Yuri Zhirkov fell under the challenge of Chris Smalling.

If Ferguson's suspended ban is triggered, he will be suspended from the touchline for United's FA Cup sixth-round tie with Arsenal at Old Trafford on 12 March and the Premier League game with Bolton a week later and then whatever extra games - if any - are added on for his latest outburst.

United's loss at Stamford Bridge pegged their lead over Arsenal back to four points, with the Gunners having played a game less.

Sir Alex Ferguson has been charged by the Football Association with improper conduct over comments he made about referee Martin Atkinson.

The Manchester United boss said he had "feared the worst" when Atkinson was appointed for Tuesday's game with Chelsea, which United lost 2-1.

Ferguson has until 1600 GMT next Tuesday to respond to the charge.

He also has two matches of a four-game ban from last season hanging over him after remarks about referee Alan Wiley.

Following their defeat at Stamford Bridge, Ferguson told MUTV: "You want a fair referee, or a strong referee anyway - and we didn't get that.

"I must say, when I saw who the referee was I feared it. I feared the worst."

Ferguson was angry over Atkinson's failure to dismiss Chelsea defender David Luiz for fouls on Javier Hernandez and Wayne Rooney after he had already been booked.

He was further upset when Chelsea were awarded what he considered a "soft" penalty when Yuri Zhirkov fell under the challenge of Chris Smalling.

If Ferguson's suspended ban is triggered, he will be suspended from the touchline for United's FA Cup sixth-round tie with Arsenal at Old Trafford on 12 March and the Premier League game with Bolton a week later and then whatever extra games - if any - are added on for his latest outburst.

United's loss at Stamford Bridge pegged their lead over Arsenal back to four points, with the Gunners having played a game less.

I am calling for the FA to electrocute him

Manchester United midfielder Michael Carrick has signed a new three-year deal keeping him at the club until the end of the 2013/14 season.

The former West Ham player joined from Tottenham in 2006 but has not been in the best form this season, although he has improved in recent games.

"I am thoroughly enjoying my time at this great club," said Carrick.

"There is a fantastic team spirit within the squad and I am pleased to have committed my future to United."

Carrick's appearance in the 2-1 loss to Chelsea on Tuesday was his 218th game for United, and he said he felt confident he could add to the three Premier League titles he has already won in his time at Old Trafford.

"We are in a very good position at the moment and I am confident this team will be successful for many years to come," he said.

Carrick joins Ryan Giggs and Patrice Evra in pledging his long-term future to the club and with Paul Scholes' future still unclear and Anderson struggling with injuries, he could still have a significant role to play this season.

"I am delighted Michael has signed a new contract," said manager Sir Alex Ferguson.

"He has been outstanding since joining us from Tottenham in 2006. He is a true professional and it is great he has committed his future to the club."

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FFS WTF...how can Carrick be given a new contract

FOOK SAKE!!

oh dear oh dear... no new midfielders in the summer then!? hmmmmmmmmm

Just makes his value slightly more if the contract is longer so I am not ruling it out that we will sell him. Or am I just in denial lol.
Top of the list for me is a keeper but we could certainly do with strengthening our midfield. Easily the poorest mid we have had since the days of Ron Atkinson lol.

Fletcher signs United deal

Midfielder agrees extension at Old Trafford until 2015

DarrenFletcher_2529696.jpg

Fletcher: New contract
Manchester United midfielder Darren Fletcher has followed his team-mates' lead by signing a new contract to stay at Old Trafford until 2015.
England international Michael Carrick agreed a new long-term deal on Thursday, while Patrice Evra
spacer.gif
and Ryan Giggs
spacer.gif
have also recently accepted extensions.
The Premier League leaders have now secured the future of long-serving Scotland international Fletcher ahead of Sunday's trip to arch-rivals Liverpool.
spacer.gif

Fletcher has become an increasingly important member of the United team over recent seasons after coming through the youth ranks.

Sir Alex Ferguson will appeal against a Football Association charge of improper conduct, BBC Sport understands.

The Manchester United boss said he had "feared the worst" when referee Martin Atkinson was appointed for Tuesday's game with Chelsea, which United lost.

Ferguson added on MUTV: "You want a fair referee, or a strong referee anyway - and we didn't get that."

Arsenal could close the gap to one point with a home win over Sunderland on Saturday, with Ferguson's team playing Liverpool at Anfield on Sunday.

Don't blame Ferguson to be honest his comments were truth, there was a smell of fish regarding the Luiz foul as it happened in front of the ref and was clear as day. Then a penalty that's borderline and Atkinson has no hesitation lmfao. Fergie should maybe have kept his trap shut but its not his style and Chelsea ran off with points lol. No complaints as we've had our share but it seems never against Chelsea........lmao wonder why .... ?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Unfortunatley, as with a lot of managers, he only sees selective truth. I didn't hear him commenting on the ref about Rooneys elbow. The problem is that there is no respect for referees these days. Look at the big firm clash. As for the Chelsea game, Chelsea were the better side on the day and probably deserved the three points.

Unfortunatley, as with a lot of managers, he only sees selective truth. I didn't hear him commenting on the ref about Rooneys elbow. The problem is that there is no respect for referees these days. Look at the big firm clash. As for the Chelsea game, Chelsea were the better side on the day and probably deserved the three points.

Selective is true, but everyone brings up united get away with decisions, which is true, but for the last several games against chelski, chelski have not got 1 or 2 big decisions go their way, they get several.
There is no respect for referees these days because they are inconsistent turds, the stakes are much higher for teams these days, poor ref decisions can cost team millions. They should use the 4th/5th official for consulting in big decisions, such as penalties and sendings off.
Now Collina he was a ref that everyone respected, I wonder why.

Selective is true, but everyone brings up united get away with decisions, which is true, but for the last several games against chelski, chelski have not got 1 or 2 big decisions go their way, they get several.
There is no respect for referees these days because they are inconsistent turds, the stakes are much higher for teams these days, poor ref decisions can cost team millions. They should use the 4th/5th official for consulting in big decisions, such as penalties and sendings off.
Now Collina he was a ref that everyone respected, I wonder why.

Poor ref decisions have happened since the start of time and will continue as the rules are very subjective. How many times do you see pundits trawl over numerous angles of incidents and still disagree. Its part of the game. It is not the refs fault as he doesnt have the tools to stop the game and look at a replay. He can only make decisions based on what he sees. It may well be not what the rest of the people there see but it is what he sees. How many times do you hear managers after a match saying they didn't quite see that incident ;) This shouldn't detract from the fact that refs should be respected in their almost impossible positions.

Back