Manchester United thread

Get scholes and gibson off!! Fkin sh*t b*stards!

Get scholes and gibson off!! Fkin sh*t b*stards!

Gibson yes shit **** everyone knows that. Scholes should not have started but you cant aim any criticism at him. How about Rooney, Berbatov pull their finger out as well as Nani and Fletcher.

The whole team have been awful as always away from home. Get Hernandez on as Rooney doesnt have a clue and change the midfield around.

All the blame for me lays squarely with Fergie for a ridiculour formation and why he keeps playing Gibson is beyond me.

Gibson yes shit **** everyone knows that. Scholes should not have started but you cant aim any criticism at him. How about Rooney, Berbatov pull their finger out as well as Nani and Fletcher.

The whole team have been awful as always away from home. Get Hernandez on as Rooney doesnt have a clue and change the midfield around.

All the blame for me lays squarely with Fergie for a ridiculour formation and why he keeps playing Gibson is beyond me.

u cant fault the strikers if they're getting no supply from a 2nd rate midfield.... the midfield is sooooo slow that they cant even get back to help the defence.. midfield is key in these types of games, ball retention, energy, passing fluidity etc.. theres nothing like that.... even fletcher who i said a couple weeks ago has been garbae this season! they need to get ball to nani so he can cross the ball but this is just awful.... get scholes & gibson out, dont fkin rate either off them.. fergie to blame, no doubt..... but earn ur money now and get anderson & whoever else on instead of scholes & gibson!

Anderson and Giggs on please this is going take a bigger comeback than andy gray

BR.gif

once again manchester united quality came through , not any easy place to go 2-0 down and 10 mins of extra time and we win 3-2 great result

once again manchester united quality came through , not any easy place to go 2-0 down and 10 mins of extra time and we win 3-2 great result

Dont half like to put you through the mill though do they, Blackpool looked shattered after 65 minutes and you could see this coming. Amazing stuff and credit to Blackpool they play a great passing game just ran out of steam on this occasion. I dont think Gibson's fit to wear the shirt at the minute but Ryan Giggs had another blinder supplying the passes for 2 of the goals. Charlie Adam was sensational once again and ran the show 1st half.

thats how its done!... great 2nd comeback.. no coincidence that gibson went off and we started to play.. what does fergie see in him!? giggs has been brill over the last month or so and definitely changed the game.... as for rooney.... what are we gona do with him? doesnt deserve a place in the 1st team, always said he's overrated and for those who always say he's world class, surely its time to get real now lol

u cant fault the strikers if they're getting no supply from a 2nd rate midfield.... the midfield is sooooo slow that they cant even get back to help the defence.. midfield is key in these types of games, ball retention, energy, passing fluidity etc.. theres nothing like that.... even fletcher who i said a couple weeks ago has been garbae this season! they need to get ball to nani so he can cross the ball but this is just awful.... get scholes & gibson out, dont fkin rate either off them.. fergie to blame, no doubt..... but earn ur money now and get anderson & whoever else on instead of scholes & gibson!

I can fault the strikers, how many times was Berbatov on the left side near Rooney in the first half. Why relinquish your central position to couple up with a player who was given the task of governing the right.

Our strikers like many want it all on a plate, whereas sometimes when the team isnt playing well you need to force the issue and get involved.

I cant argue with your point that our midfield is very weak, however can never agree with any negative comments on Scholes. Ultimately it was his vision and long range passing which gifted us the winner. If he wasnt on the pitch, some of the play between him and Giggs which led to goals wouldnt have taken place.

As for Gibson, he is one of the first players in a very long time who I would have to say is absolutely awful and not worthy or capable of being in a United Team. He in my reckoning is a championship player at best.

Still the manager has to take some blame, as its his job to bring these guys through and choose the correct personnel and what he sees in Gibson is beyond me. I can tell you for free I can hit the ball from 30 yards but doesnt mean I should be in a team if thats all I can do.

We can hopefully take heart from a fantastic away achievement, but whatever happens our midfield issue needs to be addressed. AS we cant rely on Giggs and Scholes forever, their replacements should have been lined up a long time ago.

And as for Rooney, hes in real danger of being replaced by Hernandez as even his game is nowhere like it used to be. Always losing the ball, not seeing passes, work rate has slowed, motivation looks to have gone and confidence looks shot to bits. For the money hes on theres simply no excuse.

He showed no loyalty to us so theres no loyalty from me. He needs to score at least ten goals between now and the end of the season to justify keeping him. One good season doesnt make you world class, season after season gets you there.

Anyway, all that said and am thrilled to bits at a comeback the likes of which we never looked capable off. Just hints that maybe the old United mentality is kicking in once again and after losing points late on. Time to gain some late on and not just draws.

:(

Manchester United goalkeeper Edwin van der Sar will retire from football at the end of this season.
The 40-year-old former Netherlands international moved to Old Trafford from Fulham in 2005.
Van der Sar has made 245 appearances for the Red Devils and helped them to win three Premier League titles and the 2008 Champions League.
"It is now time to pay attention to my family," he told the website of his management agency.

BBC Sport - Football - Man Utd's Edwin van der Sar to retire at end of season

what a fantastic keeper edwin is and has been... not just for us, but also for his previous clubs... wish we had signed him earlier and even he and fergie agree that they should have linked up earlier... i'll definitely be at that last home game v blackpool to give him a standing ovation and a great send off.........

Be interesting to see who is lined up to replace him as No1 in house or another purchase.
Can't think of anyone available at the moment to transfer.

been reading some quotes from eric steele, the utd GK coach... apparently they've already identified a one, two & three as replacements so it'll be interesting to see who they are... names floating around:

david de gea
manual neuer
marten steklenberg (sp?)

these 3 seem to be the favourites.. the de gea & neuer seem to be poppin up on most sites and in most newspapers... then there's others such as:

hugo lloris
craig gordon
gianluigi buffon
rene adler

i think if we could get buffon, it would be quite a coup... highly experienced goalkeeper, played at the highest level for club & country and because of his reputation will command respect from the players... plus at a big club and if u want to consistently challenge for trophies then u definitely need a top, top goalkeeper and fergie's already mentioned that they dont wana make the same mistake they did when trying to replace schmeichel.....

Last edited:
i think if we could get buffon, it would be quite a coup... highly experienced goalkeeper, played at the highest level for club & country and because of his reputation will command respect from the players... plus at a big club and if u want to consistently challenge for trophies then u definitely need a top, top goalkeeper and fergie's already mentioned that they dont wana make the same mistake they did when trying to replace schmeichel.....

That would be a good steel to get buffon, but I don't think there will ever be a keeper as good as Schmeichel for a very long time.

Time will tell who they decide upon.

Torres for MaNu? I Know we never trade with them but fergie is a massive admirer and torres openly admitted a while back that his dream pairing was with rooney. maybe thats why Pool are turnin down offers from city and chelsea - is the deal done? Think Berba's and Chico's form has scuppered any of that anyway.Could offer Owen as P/X lol. You'd get a good price on it happening from the bookies!

Torres for MaNu? I Know we never trade with them but fergie is a massive admirer and torres openly admitted a while back that his dream pairing was with rooney. maybe thats why Pool are turnin down offers from city and chelsea - is the deal done? Think Berba's and Chico's form has scuppered any of that anyway.Could offer Owen as P/X lol. You'd get a good price on it happening from the bookies!
living in a dream world.....

That would be a good steel to get buffon, but I don't think there will ever be a keeper as good as Schmeichel for a very long time.

Time will tell who they decide upon.

Pepe Reina it's a done deal as far as im concerned

Pepe Reina it's a done deal as far as im concerned

Thats 1 of the reasons I brought up the Torres thing.Rumours of trade between the 2 clubs has been around for a while now.Can't see it myself tho.I will cook naked if it happens lol!

Back