Manchester United thread

As expected there was little hope of Wigan doing anything against a very strong Chelsea side. Obviously as a United fan am absolutely gutted as we were so close, and personally think if we played better in the goaless draw against Blackburn we may have edged it.

All in all I think a fantastic achievement by our team, considering who we let go over the summer. Have no doubt Sir Alex and the board will be looking at reinforcements although judging by this season, we wont need too much.

I'll be the first United fan here to say Congratulations to Chelsea and their supporters. A fitting end to their season by knocking in another eight goals and setting a new record. As well as managing to win in what has been a fantastic season with many ups and downs.

I wouldnt bet against us returning to the top next season though.

Its been a mixed season for us but i am proud of the team we did well in my opinion and apart one shit week it could have been so different anyways thats just if and buts. The team did ok as a whole considering we lost the Worlds best player. Our injuries in the back line were unbelievable but we coped well and without any other prolific goal scorer apart from Rooney we did well.

There waas positives in Nani coming along and finally showing us his potential in the past few months. Rooney had his best season for us and Evra and Fltecher were reall rocks in this team both of them are players who deserver alot of credit played amazingly throughout the year at a high level of consistency.

Rafael really does seem to be the part and i expect him to be in the first 11 next season.

The major dissapointments were continous injuries to Rio, the form of Carrick and Berbatov.

Overall not too bad considering all the circumstances but at United anything but first is a dissapointment but we will be back next season and we will bring home our trophy.

Now its time to look forward to the World Cup!

As for transfers well i wouldn't mind these players

1. Hamsik
2. Silva
3. Lloris
4. Aguero

Its been a mixed season for us but i am proud of the team we did well in my opinion and apart one shit week it could have been so different anyways thats just if and buts. The team did ok as a whole considering we lost the Worlds best player. Our injuries in the back line were unbelievable but we coped well and without any other prolific goal scorer apart from Rooney we did well.

There waas positives in Nani coming along and finally showing us his potential in the past few months. Rooney had his best season for us and Evra and Fltecher were reall rocks in this team both of them are players who deserver alot of credit played amazingly throughout the year at a high level of consistency.

Rafael really does seem to be the part and i expect him to be in the first 11 next season.

The major dissapointments were continous injuries to Rio, the form of Carrick and Berbatov.

Overall not too bad considering all the circumstances but at United anything but first is a dissapointment but we will be back next season and we will bring home our trophy.

Now its time to look forward to the World Cup!

As for transfers well i wouldn't mind these players

1. Hamsik
2. Silva
3. Lloris
4. Aguero

Got to agree with most of what u said there mate, overall not to bad considering the circumstances, think special mention should go out to Valencia who's had a decent first season considering the boots he was filling. Lots of Rooneys headed goals can be accredited to Valencias crossing..

I cant help but feel we missed a trick in the champions league looking now at the final.
As for transfers i think our top priority must be a striker (keep an eye out for david villa @ 25 mill). We also need an attacking midfielder as cover for old scholsey, carrick just dont fill the shoes. Doubt we could get our hands on Aguero but silva could be a possibility
Onwards to the World Cup and it looks like most of the squad has come through unscathed apart from Barry (prefer Milner anyway)

Yeah forgot Valencia he has done very well for us really good honest player who works hard.

A striker is a priority and along with him a central attacking midfielder Silva has said he would be interested in a move to United time for the pricks Glazers to open up their purse.

Another who has been Mr reliable is Edwin

Ok guys.

End of the season and I predicted that you would finish outside of the top four and you have finished within a point of finishing top.

What a fantastic season you have had, and I have watched it with a huge amount of envy.

I think that your team definitely have the x factor, and you have a super manager.

In fact the only reason that i don't like Man U is because of the fans, who rarely give credit to anybody else, and although you usually get the rub of the green you do cry a lot when it goes the other way.

And I will say what a terrible season we have had this year.

We do need a big change and some investment to try and get back into the top 4 and then we need to progress from there.

See you all next year guys

Ok guys.

End of the season and I predicted that you would finish outside of the top four and you have finished within a point of finishing top.

What a fantastic season you have had, and I have watched it with a huge amount of envy.

I think that your team definitely have the x factor, and you have a super manager.

In fact the only reason that i don't like Man U is because of the fans, who rarely give credit to anybody else, and although you usually get the rub of the green you do cry a lot when it goes the other way.

And I will say what a terrible season we have had this year.

We do need a big change and some investment to try and get back into the top 4 and then we need to progress from there.

See you all next year guys

Its a first i agree lmao

Well we ain't arrogant were just better! :proud:

Foster set for Blues deal

Ben Foster is in talks with Birmingham City after they agreed a deal with Manchester United, skysports.com can confirm.

Birmingham are in need of a new number one as loan-star Joe Hart is returning to Manchester City following his highly successful stint at St Andrews.

Blues boss Alex McLeish failed with his efforts to keep Hart for another 12-months and so turned his attentions to the red-half of Manchester, and has now agreed a deal with United for Foster.

It is understood Birmingham have agreed a fee in the region of £5million and that Foster is now in talks with the club.

England international Foster has seen his chances limited at United this term, which has cost him a place at the World Cup finals.

His agent Lee Payne has confirmed to skysports.com that his client is in talks with Birmingham.

"We are close to agreeing a deal," he told skysports.com.

"The two clubs have agreed a fee and given us permission to talk to Birmingham.

"We fully expect the deal to be completed either this weekend or the start of next week."

Sky Sports | Football News | Premier League | Birmingham City | Foster set for Blues deal

good decision if u ask me. he had his chance at utd with run of 8-9 games and was well below the required standard. too many individual errors and everytime the ball is at his feet, he just seems to freeze......

I think Foster leaving could be a good move for both the club and him he never delivered but he has talent with less spotlight at Birmingham he could well turn out to be a top quality keeper.

Foster joins Birmingham

United have completed the sale of Ben Foster to Birmingham City for an undisclosed fee.

The England-capped goalkeeper has signed a three-year contract with Alex McLeish's side.

Foster arrived from Stoke City in July 2005, and spent his first two seasons as a United player on loan at Watford, where his excellent form led to an international debut in February 2007.

His second campaign at Vicarage Road was curtailed by a cruciate knee ligament injury, delaying his United debut until March 2008.

A hero of United's 2008/09 Carling Cup final victory over Tottenham, Ben's first sustained spell of involvement came in the early part of last season.

However, the enduring excellence of Edwin van der Sar restricted Foster to just one appearance in 2010, prompting him to move in search of regular first-team football.

Everybody at Manchester United would like to wish Ben well for the future.

Source

Fergie has indicated that we might not even make a signing about a week and a half ago there was talk of 2 players coming in now in America in a press conference to promote out tour of the USA we might not even get 1 player in. Well if thats the case we will not even be challenging for the title with this current crop. We have only one goal scoring striker in Rooney with Berbatov no where near prolific enough.

The problem lies the them coooonts the Glazers its not a case of Fergie saying we don't need to really add its more of a case of financial restraints the sooner they go the better.

We have so far got the younG Mexican and Chris Smalling both are no where ready to make an impact in our first team and with Giggs, Scholes getting on, sicknote Hargreaves can never be relied on with his dodgy knees, Edwin also maybe in his last year we won't bring anyone in.

Letting Foster go it was paramount to get a keeper in but we only have Kuzcack now and young Amos with Edwin probably in his last year a replacement keeper would have been a good idea to get him in the mix and learn from Edwin but none of that will happen.

It seems we have become a selling club and yes its true we can't afford anyone not even a £10 million pound player.

Fergie has indicated that we might not even make a signing about a week and a half ago there was talk of 2 players coming in now in America in a press conference to promote out tour of the USA we might not even get 1 player in. Well if thats the case we will not even be challenging for the title with this current crop. We have only one goal scoring striker in Rooney with Berbatov no where near prolific enough.

The problem lies the them coooonts the Glazers its not a case of Fergie saying we don't need to really add its more of a case of financial restraints the sooner they go the better.

We have so far got the younG Mexican and Chris Smalling both are no where ready to make an impact in our first team and with Giggs, Scholes getting on, sicknote Hargreaves can never be relied on with his dodgy knees, Edwin also maybe in his last year we won't bring anyone in.

Letting Foster go it was paramount to get a keeper in but we only have Kuzcack now and young Amos with Edwin probably in his last year a replacement keeper would have been a good idea to get him in the mix and learn from Edwin but none of that will happen.

It seems we have become a selling club and yes its true we can't afford anyone not even a £10 million pound player.

Exactly my thoughts mate, in the past Sir Alex has always looked to reinforce even when we didnt have to but now it seems all we can do is buy up and coming talent in the hope they flourish.

This is something Arsenal have done and in the majority have done very well, but always faulter when it comes to the crunch. You need world class experienced players to really get you over the winning line and we seem to be falling further and further behind.

My worry is, some of our best players like Evra, Vidic, Rooney may decide we are becoming a club which has stopped progressing and begin looking elsewhere also. As like Liverpool where their stars are looking over their soldier as the club isnt heading in the direction they like, we might find ourselves in the exact same situation.

I really hope the Glazers have the decency to take the Red Knights bid and hand the club to owners who care about the club and take it on to the next stage. As if not we will quickly become the next Liverpool, where fans are left to look at their successful past and nothing in the near future.

Mexico striker Javier Hernandez has sealed his move to Manchester United from Chivas de Guadalajara after the Home Office granted a work permit.

The 22-year-old, who is set to travel with his country to this summer's World Cup finals, had agreed terms with United and passed a medical in April.

United have not disclosed the fee for Hernandez, but he is believed to have cost somewhere in the region of £6-8m.

He will officially join the Red Devils on 1 July.

The diminutive forward - affectionately known in Mexico as 'Chicharito', which roughly translates as 'little sweet pea' - scored in Mexico's 2-1 friendly defeat to the Netherlands in Freiburg, Germany on Wednesday.

He also featured in the second half of his country's previous friendly, the 3-1 reverse at the hands of England at Wembley on Monday

When the deal was initially struck, United manager Sir Alex Ferguson described Hernandez as "an exciting young striker".

"He has been in prolific form for both his club and his country," Ferguson added at the time. "He will be a great addition to our squad."

Hernandez is scheduled to join Ferguson's squad in mid-July for the Philadelphia leg of United's pre-season tour of the United States and Canada.

And on 30 July he is scheduled to appear against his former club Chivas in a match to open their new 45,000-seat stadium.

Source: BBC Sport

Manchester United not for sale, say Glazers

Manchester United has once again said the club is not for sale and that the Glazer family owners will "not entertain any offers".

A consortium of rich businessmen dubbed the Red Knights emerged three months ago as possible buyers of the club.

But the Old Trafford outfit says the Glazers "remain fully committed to their long-term ownership of the club".

It came as the club announced a cut in debt from £543.3m a year ago to £520.9m for the January to March period.

In Man Utd's quarterly financial results, the figures also showed net assets of £794.9m and a cash balance of £95.9m.

The Old Trafford club said that in the nine months to March, year-on-year revenues were up 13.5% from £193.3m to £219.3m.

It also reported that quarterly match-day, commercial and media revenues had increased on three months ago.

However, losses for the quarter were up from £5.87m to £65.94m, mostly relating to various financing charges and costs.

The past few months have seen a battle played out in the media between the Red Knights and the club, with the pair offering hugely differing estimates of Manchester United's value.

Manchester United was bought by the Glazer family for £800m in 2005. In the 2009/10 season the club finished second to Chelsea in the Premier League.

They were also knocked out of the Champions League in the quarter finals, and have ended the season relatively unsuccessfully by their standards, winning only the League Cup.

Critics say the family has saddled United with massive debts, and the Red Knights have said that one of their priorities is to reduce debt levels.

In the last annual accounts, to July 2009, debts at the club's parent company Red Football Joint Venture increased to £716.5m.

Earlier this year the club launched a seven year £538m bond that enabled them to refinance much of their more costly debt.

Fans have launched a campaign to oust the Glazers, many boycotting the traditional red shirts and scarves and instead wearing green and gold, the original colours of Newton Heath, the amateur side which was founded in 1878 and became Manchester United.

However, the club does not believe it has fully maximised its revenue streams from global commercial opportunities.

Earlier on Friday, chief executive David Gill said that with the financing in place at the club and the growth in its commercial operations, Manchester United could "still be a top, top club".

"We can invest in the players, invest in the training ground - we have plans for that - invest in the stadium and do those things. The money is definitely there," he told the Independent.

"We are not in a situation where Alex is restricted in what he wants to do with the club."

Manchester United's owners are £1.1bn in debt - £400m more than previously known - after borrowing extensively against their shopping mall business.

BBC Panorama has found evidence that the Glazer family's debt levels may threaten their hold on the club.

A spokesman for the American family has said it holds more than £2bn in assets.

But the extent of the debt owed by the Glazers is likely to fuel a continuing revolt by some supporters, who oppose their ownership of the club.
Green and gold

Details of the financial arrangements of the owners also come at a time when the sport's governing bodies are facing questions about Premier League debts that have reached a combined total of £3.4bn and the growing popularity of leveraged buyouts in English clubs.

Full story: BBC News - Manchester United owner's debts hit £1.1bn

Guys watch Panaroma tomorrow the full extent of just how messed up our financial situation is under them foookin American cunts is. The Glazers are destroying our great club and when you read stuff its become more of a case of when rather then if about us ending up as the next Leeds. What happend to them will look minor compared to the trouble we are in.

These stupid bast**** have ruined our club we were once the richestest debt free club now the most in debt club in the World. The business model isn't working and David Gill can say what he likes we all know he talks out of his arse he once famously said 'debt is the road to ruin' well that is the exact road were on.

Our situation is bad. Tell everyone about it and avoid putting money into the club be it for replica shirts and match day tickets, season tickets etc just avoid putting any money in.

Well seems there is some money at least for transfers...Palermo confirmed that United made a bid for Simon Kjaer, I am guessing the bid must have been minimum of £10mill

Well seems there is some money at least for transfers...Palermo confirmed that United made a bid for Simon Kjaer, I am guessing the bid must have been minimum of £10mill

hmmm good news on the money front but does that mean vidic is on his way out?

Looks that way, according to some reports.

Vidic would be a big loss for your lot I reckon. Rio is a bit of a sick note these days, and possibly coming to the end of best days, so that leaves you with who, Johnny Evans and the Fulham lad?

At least you won't lose 6 points to Liverpool each season with Vidic giving Torres an easy shift anymore. Lol ;)

I still rate Vidic and think he suits Man U TBH, though I think he needs a new partner beside him for him to get back his best.

Seems could be from the talk from his agent unless its a ploy to get a vastly improved contract increase.

Anyway losing one of the best defenders in the world and bring in another youngster to replace is a bit ridiculous when the only other senior central defenders in ferdinand and brown are injury prone clowns at the moment.

Tosic sale confirmed

United's Zoran Tosic has been sold to CSKA Moscow for an undisclosed fee.

The left winger, currently on World Cup duty for Serbia, has signed a five-year contract with the Russian club.

He leaves the Reds after making just five substitute appearances for the first team in one and a half seasons.

He was never given a chance even always thought he weren't a bad player shame we will never know now if he would have done well.

Suppose we need the money hence the sale and he could be one of many to go.

Back