Manchester City Thread

@miggy what happened mate! 2 games in a row now. Leicester played you at your own game :/ I dont think it's anywhere near over yet, but you need to up your game big time. Couple of full backs required, and definitely a midfield engine like Fernandinho. Time to splash the cash mate.
Delphi was absolutely shocking again.Sterling wants too much of the ball and will not pass it, Sane is the same they go for glory and it turns out shite. I hope Pep gives them a good talking too,we don't want the players doing what United did to Maureen force him out.🤔

City have already exceeded FFP quotas and are currently undergoing investigation themselves.
United on the other hand could easily afford that, especially on a player like Neymar/Mbappe. They would be. Woody style signing aswell, revenue generators, short sellers etc.

This FFP is absolute b*ll*x
Why shouldnt someone donate their own money to improve the team as long as its not a loan

It appears that our friendly neighbourhood gasman could be a spy in the Man City camp.😉He knows more than the owners lol. Do you have any proof young Sir?.

City have already exceeded FFP quotas and are currently undergoing investigation themselves.
United on the other hand could easily afford that, especially on a player like Neymar/Mbappe. They would be. Woody style signing aswell, revenue generators, short sellers etc.

This FFP is absolute b*ll*x
Why shouldnt someone donate their own money to improve the team as long as its not a loan

It’s not too difficult to comprehend.

Should the donater suddenly disappear then a football club would be left with vast wage bills and outstanding transfer fees (transfers are rarely paid upfront) that their turnover couldn’t support.
In City’s case they would immediately face bankruptcy, as would PSG etc etc.
It’s in place to try and stop clubs putting themselves at risk.

Leveraged buyouts where also banned after the Glazer family effectively bought Manchester United using Manchester United’s own money. United are big enough and financially powerful enough to survive the criminal act. If that had happened to a smaller club (like Liverpool) they would have effectively faced insolvency.

United are big enough and financially powerful enough to survive the criminal act. If that had happened to a smaller club (like Liverpool) they would have effectively faced insolvency.

I'd have to disagree with this. Utd are millions in debt to the glazers, it's no longer a debt free club. Last time I checked it was over 500M owed to the glazers with them taking out a dividend of over 50m a season for consultancy fees etc.

Manchester United earn record revenues but still have debt of £487m

So they've paid 3m a season off the debt having owned it for 13 years. Servicing the debt is costing 24m a season. Clearly they have no intention of clearing the debt, and are simply taking out money from the club.

Manchester United has highest net debt of any football club in the world, new Uefa report shows

Further context, that Utd have the highest debt in Europe, and went up 25% alone in that year (2017). As the article says, it's 80% of the clubs assets or 1 seasons revenue. But that's without paying any bills or players or investment. I'd say you were a little off gastrodamus if im honest, seems you're back to making stuff up again.

Modern day football is just that, a rich company/person buys the club, then loans them the money to improve. They never invest their own money, it's a business after all. Chelsea, PSG, Arsenal, Everton, Utd, City, Spurs to name but a few that are in this situation.

If any of the owners pulled out suddenly, without a buyer to purchase the club then they would be in trouble. Why do you think no-one has bought newcastle yet. Because Ashley wants a massive amount of money to cover what he's "invested"

Whilst Utd have a massive fan base, and an expansive commercial operation, to say they could take the hit is not true, and doesn't make business sense. If the glazers pulled out, then someone would need to pay over 1 Billion for the club, and there aren't that many people with that kind of disposable cash laying around.

As I said

As long as owners donate their money (and now pay transfers in full) there is no reason why pulling the plug should effect any club.
As they would have assets to sell to cover the wages of players that they decide to keep, if their new found wealth does not cover those wages.

If some sugar daddy has injected a load of cash and improved the team the knock on effect, certainly in the Prem would be.
More revenue from sponsors, live tv games etc etc.

I am absolutely astounded that FFP has not yet been challenged and defeated in the courts.

As I said

As long as owners donate their money (and now pay transfers in full) there is no reason why pulling the plug should effect any club.
As they would have assets to sell to cover the wages of players that they decide to keep, if their new found wealth does not cover those wages.

If some sugar daddy has injected a load of cash and improved the team the knock on effect, certainly in the Prem would be.

I am absolutely astounded that FFP has not yet been challenged and defeated in the courts.
Exactly if you own the club you should be able to do as you wish it's there money to invest. Perhaps we should have passed it with gasman first it would be alright then.😘

Exactly if you own the club you should be able to do as you wish it's there money to invest. Perhaps we should have passed it with gasman first it would be alright then.😘
Can't get over the extravagance of your club miggy. They caught a Virgin train to my town Nuneaton before boarding a coach for the Leicester match.

Can't get over the extravagance of your club miggy. They caught a Virgin train to my town Nuneaton before boarding a coach for the Leicester match.
You mean they should have all used there bicycles instead?.Shocking what a waste of money on trains and a coach. 🤔😉

As I said

How are they to continue to pay wages? Not just of the players but all of the merchandising staff, the media crew. The entire infrastructure of the club?
Plus, it’s a little late for that, City are already millions in debt for transfer fees.

I do hope you’re not a business owner mate [emoji1751]‍[emoji3603]

United are big enough and financially powerful enough to survive the criminal act. If that had happened to a smaller club (like Liverpool) they would have effectively faced insolvency.

I'd have to disagree with this. Utd are millions in debt to the glazers, it's no longer a debt free club. Last time I checked it was over 500M owed to the glazers with them taking out a dividend of over 50m a season for consultancy fees etc.

Manchester United earn record revenues but still have debt of £487m

So they've paid 3m a season off the debt having owned it for 13 years. Servicing the debt is costing 24m a season. Clearly they have no intention of clearing the debt, and are simply taking out money from the club.

Manchester United has highest net debt of any football club in the world, new Uefa report shows

Further context, that Utd have the highest debt in Europe, and went up 25% alone in that year (2017). As the article says, it's 80% of the clubs assets or 1 seasons revenue. But that's without paying any bills or players or investment. I'd say you were a little off gastrodamus if im honest, seems you're back to making stuff up again.

Modern day football is just that, a rich company/person buys the club, then loans them the money to improve. They never invest their own money, it's a business after all. Chelsea, PSG, Arsenal, Everton, Utd, City, Spurs to name but a few that are in this situation.

If any of the owners pulled out suddenly, without a buyer to purchase the club then they would be in trouble. Why do you think no-one has bought newcastle yet. Because Ashley wants a massive amount of money to cover what he's "invested"

Whilst Utd have a massive fan base, and an expansive commercial operation, to say they could take the hit is not true, and doesn't make business sense. If the glazers pulled out, then someone would need to pay over 1 Billion for the club, and there aren't that many people with that kind of disposable cash laying around.

Thanks for reinforcing my point.
Not many clubs could have continued to remain solvent under the crippling strain of debt put upon the club. Have a look further back and see the strain the pik loans (that have now been swapped over) were putting on the club.
500m of debt sounds like a huge amount but as you’ve already stated Neymar could go for 250m and Mbappe a similar valuation. The Glazers choose not to pay it off because they simply don’t need to.
United’s current valuation stands at 4bn pounds so in the context of debt to value we probably ha e one of the smallest percentages of all premier league clubs.

Ps: you contradict yourself a lot but doing it in the same post is stepping it up as demonstrated by the bolded text.

How are they to continue to pay wages? Not just of the players but all of the merchandising staff, the media crew. The entire infrastructure of the club?
Plus, it’s a little late for that, City are already millions in debt for transfer fees.

Talking out of your a*se again pal.

If the clubs income exceeds 100 million after players wages I think they can mangae to pay the rest and run the club.
Am pretty sure that the laundry staff arent on 100k per week (probably less than that for the year, for all of them)

Talking out of your a*se again pal.

If the clubs income exceeds 100 million after players wages I think they can mangae to pay the rest and run the club.
Am pretty sure that the laundry staff arent on 100k per week (probably less than that for the year, for all of them)

Well I’m sure they won’t need to create hundreds of side businesses to make up income in order satisfy FFP rules in that case....oh wait.

You do realise how much it cost to run an outfit like the model City have created don’t you?
The players wages alone would send City under in a few months.

Well I’m sure they won’t need to create hundreds of side businesses to make up income in order satisfy FFP rules in that case....oh wait.

You do realise how much it cost to run an outfit like the model City have created don’t you?

Umm
Man City Income 500 million per year
Players wages 264 million per year
Stop pretending that you are some kind of financial Gastrodamus and admit which orifice you are talking out of AGAIN

Umm
Man City Income 500 million per year
Players wages 264 million per year
Stop pretending that you are some kind of financial Gastrodamus and admit which orifice you are talking out of AGAIN

Christ, you haven’t got a clue have you.
Go and check where the income comes from [emoji23]
They aren’t being investigated under FFP rules because it’s all being generated by the club.
Shieky is backhanding vast millions under the cloak of the clubs Abu Dhabi business partners.

I think FIFA probably have a better idea of how FFP works than Langland off the internet.

Plus, how does a club of City’s model survive on £236m pounds [emoji23] that’s getting swallowed up instantly by media advertising alone. The tea lady won’t get a penny the poor lass. Way to go to put a spanner in your own works langers, lol.

Plus, how does a club of City’s model survive on £236m pounds [emoji23] that’s getting swallowed up instantly by media advertising alone. The tea lady won’t get a penny the poor lass. Way to go to put a spanner in your own works langers, lol.
You seem to know a lot about Man City's finances Abu dhabigasman.

You seem to know a lot about Man City's finances Abu dhabigasman.

I’m just going off our local ombudsman’s (langers) figures.
My reading has City in much more debt if Sheikin Sultans walks away.

£236m doesn’t seem a lot to run a club on does it. And it also doesn’t take into account any outstanding player/agent fees etc. Factor that in and you’re almost certainly bankrupt before even beginning to start to run the club. [emoji1745]‍[emoji3603]
This is why they introduce FFP, to stop clubs effectively risking bankruptcy on the back of an owners word that they won’t sell/walk away.

Which is why I included the Glazers leveraged deal for our club in the mix. Because of the financial risk involved (it almost crippled us) they made those sort of buyouts illegal.

Back