Man utd v Barca

why for the life of me micheal owen was put on the bench for berbatov is beyond me looks like your going to loose a good striker there!

im fed up of seeing scholes and giggs playing for us, legends they may be, but their time is up. I was reading somewhere that the barca first 11 hardly ever changes. they play the same players whenever they can and it doesnt matter whether they are playing madrid or the team that is bottom.. the nucleus is always there and that is why they are so good. each player knows each other so well and i think it shows in how they play. fergie keeps on rotating the midfield every fkin game so he is at fault with that. there is no consistency in his selections and the players suffer with indifferent and team suffers with results...

take the berbatov issue. we were strugglin to keep the ball all game and everytime we got it, we just launched it forward and hernandez and rooney were just chasing after it... berba is the only player i feel who can keep hold of the ball and bring others into play and he would have won us freekicks and relieved some pressure yet he didnt make the bench.. yet shitbag scholes did along with fletcher who wasnt even fit and to take the piss even further, owen who was berba's replacement because fergie said was more likely to get us a goal didnt even make it onto the pitch....

I would agree Scholes should retire now, but to call him a sh1tbag? ffs if you think he's a united legend (which he is) wheres the respect.
As for Giggs how many goals has he been involved in this season? How many games as he helped United win? His age may have shown against Barcelona (which I cannot blame), but many a time this season he has upstaged players much younger than himself.
Another reason Scholes, Giggs, and Neville are still kept around is for the effect they have on other players, they are all looked up to for their hunger, desire, passion and in case of scholes and giggs their technical ability. It is not just United players, but world's best players past and present from Sir Bobby to Zidane to Xavi.

Also all the top teams in England are always rotating their squads because the EPL is much more gruelling than La Liga, we also do not get a mid season break like they do, you cannot keep playing the same XI every match and expect them not to be tired come the business end of the season. Also how many of Barcelona's squad have been playing together since they were kids? 7! 7 of them have been playing with each other since they were like 12, of course they will exhibit telepathic play at times.

Just to put things into perspective about comparing any team with Barcelona. Arsenal who are the best passing team in england only had 40% of possession against Barcelona, Real Madrid with all their star names had similar.
Barcelona are being called arguably the best club side ever by practically everyone involved in football, competing against the Real MAdrid side of the 1960s which won 5 european cups in a row.

How anyone can try to compare any team currently or analyse where teams lose against them is beyond me.

Man United lost and any team they would have put out would have done the same, as said before we won the premier league and progressed so far in every tournament with arguably the weakest midfield we have had in the last 20-25 years, we should be celebrating what has been acheived not knocking it, and look forward to next season

The only way we could have won was if we played above ourselves and Barca were below par - and it was a total reverse.Barca played a fantastic offensive game that probably no team could have coped with, tho we didn't help ourselves. To expect Giggs and Carrick who are not the fastest or the best in tight midfield areas was stretching it.Park was tied up with Alves and Valencia looked dizzy trying to cope.Evra was disappointing for me,constantly out of position and slow, like he has on occasion during this season.VDS blames himself for the 2nd goal but play it back and u will see that its very clever from Messi dipping it so it just skids off the floor in front of his hand.I can in a way understand puttin owen on bench as SAF pinpointed weakness in their defence n owen might have got behind them - tho at 3-1 down he doesn't get used? I thought he would bring on owen for Giggs/Carrick and have 2 in attack with Rooney just behind.
We had a puncher's chance at 1-1 when a bit of magic from Rooney lit the final back up- he was our best player but never saw the ball second half such was the Barca domination.Chico didn't see the ball either half.
They were clever playin Messi deep and it payed off. Strange tho that their football is all simple stuff - back to basics then eh?

English football in fine in our own back yard, we pay them thousands of pounds to be king of the castle in the our little english football leagues in our own back garden, soon as we go out into the real world we get smashed, But every week peeps go and watch them and pay them thousands of pounds, and think they are the best thing since sliced bread, "come on England", we need more money for our wifes and girlfreinds !!!!!!, you mugs

English football in fine in our own back yard, we pay them thousands of pounds to be king of the castle in the our little english football leagues in our own back garden, soon as we go out into the real world we get smashed, But every week peeps go and watch them and pay them thousands of pounds, and think they are the best thing since sliced bread, "come on England", we need more money for our wifes and girlfreinds !!!!!!, you mugs

Eh?

There's only 1 team at the moment getting the better of English teams dude and they won again on Saturday. Think you'll find that English clubs have got a good track record in europe of late - check ur stats. There is no devine right to win competitions especially when you come up against the Goliath that is Barcelona

Eh?

There's only 1 team at the moment getting the better of English teams dude and they won again on Saturday. Think you'll find that English clubs have got a good track record in europe of late - check ur stats. There is no devine right to win competitions especially when you come up against the Goliath that is Barcelona

When you come up against Barcelona and get your gameplan and tactics all wrong...then yes...no chance of beating them.

Barcelona are not unbeatable, Mourinhos Inter team beat them in the final last year.

When you come up against Barcelona and get your gameplan and tactics all wrong...then yes...no chance of beating them.

Barcelona are not unbeatable, Mourinhos Inter team beat them in the final last year.

I agree the tactics left a lot to be desired. For the record Mourinho beat them over 2 legs not in the final. I don't think anyone would have beat them on sat night the mood they were in

Back