Man dies after street gang attack

WEE GORDON

<font color="red">Number 1 Rangers Fan</font>
Reaction score
Saturday, 25 August 2007, 09:56 GMT 10:56 UK
_44078091_brentmartin203.jpg
o.gif

A 23-year-old man with learning difficulties has died in hospital after being "savagely attacked" by a gang of up to five youths.
Brent Martin was found with multiple injuries on Sunderland's Town End Farm estate on Thursday night after reports of a man being beaten up.
He was taken to the city's Royal Hospital, where he died on Saturday.
A woman, a 21-year-old man and three youths, one aged 16 and two aged 17, are being questioned by police.
Mr Martin, described as vulnerable by police, had been the victim of a "sustained and brutal" beating.
Police have appealed to parents in the area to question their children about their whereabouts at the time of the attack.
Speaking on Friday, Det Supt Kay Blyth, who is leading the investigation, said: "I would appeal to parents in the area to think about what their children were doing last night.
"Did they come in late and were acting out of the ordinary? Did they fail to come home at all?"
She said the area where the attack happened had experienced low-level anti-social behaviour, but crime levels were relatively low.
Anyone with information about the incident should contact Northumbria Police.

I dont understand what is wrong with some people in this country the need to start fights, guns etc.. its another debatable topic but I dont want to get into it.

Absolutely dispicable though, handicapped person as well.

I get extremely worried when i see things like this, my son is four and has learning difficulties, he will be going through mainstream schooling and it is only recently that people have started to notice he is different...the thing is he is the loveliest sweetest boy you could ever wish for, he is so kind and considerate and would not harm anyone but unfortunately i see traits in him that lead me to think he could be easily lead....there are people out there that use this to hurt people like him and it brings a tear to my eye to think that anyone would hurt my boy becasue i know he would not fight back in anger...he has no anger in him, i wish he did for his own saftey in the future. I fear the worst for my kind souled innocent boy. I hope the people that done this to this man suffer pain in thier lives, maybe they might be bestowed such a child themselves oneday, but alas i think people like that would reject them from the offset anyway...FUCKING vermin scum

I really dont know what has happened to society, when i was young i was in fear of my parents, my dad never once lifted his hand to me but I still feared him, my mum used to throw her slipper at me if i did wrong and if she missed i would have to bring it over to her, then she would whack me with it...lol. But nowdays kids have no respect, granted they have little to do but respect plays a big part of society. The people who did that are indeed scum who have no respect for anything.

@loady, bring your boy up to respect things, he will be o.k m8, I know it is a fear for you but if you give him the start I am sure he will be fine. Good luck to you anyway m8.

The kids these days have no respect for anyone or anything. Just last week a m8 of mine was jumped by 4 youths on his way home from his gf's. Ended up in the hospital & got 6 staples in his head. They know that next to nothing will happen to them if they get caught even for something as serious as this.

Again another terrible thing has happened. Fecking Scum. If the courts dont start coming down hard on these scum, Ordinary people are going to start taking the law into their own hands and sort our streets out.

Loady Im sorry to hear about your son mate. All you can do is your best for him. Hopefully he will be befriended at school by some decent repectful Kids that have been brought up by parents who teach kids to repect people with disabilities. If he does make friends with Kids like these Im sure they will help to keep him safe.
Make sure you go to the school and see his teachers so they are aware of your fears and can keep an eye on him.

Good luck mate, hope it all works out for you.

Shaun

Again another terrible thing has happened. Fecking Scum. If the courts dont start coming down hard on these scum, Ordinary people are going to start taking the law into their own hands and sort our streets out.

Loady Im sorry to hear about your son mate. All you can do is your best for him. Hopefully he will be befriended at school by some decent repectful Kids that have been brought up by parents who teach kids to repect people with disabilities. If he does make friends with Kids like these Im sure they will help to keep him safe.
Make sure you go to the school and see his teachers so they are aware of your fears and can keep an eye on him.

Good luck mate, hope it all works out for you.

Shaun

Thanks...we are decent people and dont mix with shit, my wife is a great mother and my son will get all the help he needs at school, we was going to get him statemented but we decided to see how he goes with action+ which is similar.

i think the economy is in the best shape in years. so things cant be that bad as for example over in the big bad u.s.a

whats this murder got to do with the economy m8?

I think the people that commit such crimes should be locked away for life, meaning life not just a few years or so. There seems to be no deterrant to commit crime,,Ive been reading a lot in the papers lately about, its bad parenting and single parents who have these kids who commit these crimes
what a load of crap that is...Talk about the blame game what a joke!!

I think that the youths who commit these crimes are just bored with nothing to do so start drinking smoking taking drugs & it just gets worse and worse they have nothing to look forward too & see no way out then it turns to crime

I thing the goverments need to bring back more youth centers & inniatives
& stop taking a way parents rights to disipline there kids.

just my opinion, but if the death penalty was brought back for serious, and i mean serious crimes, murder where theres no questions whatsoever like blatant, and crimes like rape, where again, its blatant and no grey areas, this would solve 2 probs. Firstly the over crowded prisons prob and secondly it would be the greatest deterrant!

I get extremely worried when i see things like this, my son is four and has learning difficulties, he will be going through mainstream schooling and it is only recently that people have started to notice he is different...the thing is he is the loveliest sweetest boy you could ever wish for, he is so kind and considerate and would not harm anyone but unfortunately i see traits in him that lead me to think he could be easily lead....there are people out there that use this to hurt people like him and it brings a tear to my eye to think that anyone would hurt my boy becasue i know he would not fight back in anger...he has no anger in him, i wish he did for his own saftey in the future. I fear the worst for my kind souled innocent boy. I hope the people that done this to this man suffer pain in thier lives, maybe they might be bestowed such a child themselves oneday, but alas i think people like that would reject them from the offset anyway...FUCKING vermin scum

Im in the same boat my son has dyspraxia and he hates school to make things worse he is far the smallest in his class and only just made his year hes just turned 6 and kids are also starting to notice he goes to special classes 2 hours a day im thinking of schooling him at home because he hates it so much

To be honest if anyone ever harmed him are bullied him when hes a bit older i would deffo take the law into my own hands and punish
the b@s---- :Kickassro

what this poor boys parents must be going through the little scum bags

Back