Making Pandora Battery With Slim Psp

once john has created them for you and sent them back you will be able to do the psps easily

no problem
i try to explain problem again
i got one slim psp with 3.71 m33 firmware installed and two fat psps one of them is broken and other one is 3.52 and i want to put cfw on that thats why i would like to make pandora battery with my slim psp but its not happening i don't know what to do but if you are kind enough to make it for me then i can send it to you, please send me your address etc.
thanks

if u have 2 fat psp use the one that that has custom firmware on ot to make pandora ,not the slim...if ur still stuck ill pm my addy m8

hi guys
thanks for your help so far . i managed to make magick memory stick and pandora battery by removing a pin and managed to installed 3.71 m33 on fat psp but guess what happen when i turn it on it gets freezed when it was loading . now i am stuck a don't know its bricked or what i tried again and again but its getting freezed at same stage .
any one help please.

hi guys
thanks for your help so far . i managed to make magick memory stick and pandora battery by removing a pin and managed to installed 3.71 m33 on fat psp but guess what happen when i turn it on it gets freezed when it was loading . now i am stuck a don't know its bricked or what i tried again and again but its getting freezed at same stage .
any one help please.

i didnt want to tell u about this method m8 .its not been tried and tested by many
Ok, so you want to unbrick or downgrade your PSP but don't have a PSP capable of running homebrew apps. No problem! In this tutorial I will show you how to modify the battery's hardware to make it activate service mode.

This is our victim . Please note that while this concept may work on non-Sony batteries, only official batteries are guaranteed to have the same internals, so we recommend using one.

STEP 1:

The first thing you need to do is obviously crack open the battery. Surprisingly, the battery isn't very hard to get in to. In this picture you can see that I'm just using a guitar pick to slide in through an edge and slide around the perimeter of the battery to seperate the two halves.

STEP 2:

Next, we need to locate a certain chip. The chip has the model number S93C56 printed on it. We are going to need to desolder pin 5 and lift it off of the board. Here is a magnified view of the board, which shows where the chip is and which pin needs to be lifted.

STEP 3:

EDIT: If you are not confident in your soldering skills, have a less than steady hand or have a larger-than-optimal sized tip, please desolder the cell pack from the battery first. If you make contact between pins 5 and 6 then you will short ground to +3.6VDC! Not good! When desoldering the cell, only keep the iron on long enough to melt the solder. If you can, use a higher wattage iron so that the tip will be hotter, but you won't transfer as much heat to the cell pack. Remember that heat + Li-Ion battery = large explosion (t3h sux0r5, unless you get in on video. Twisted Evil Seriously though, this operation is not for the faint hearted, and should definitely not be your first soldering experience. I recommend trying your hand on lifting the pins on an N64 CPU chip. Surely you have a couple killed N64 mobos laying around. Razz)

Now is actually desoldering the pin. There are a few ways you could do this, but I think my method is the best because its less likely to damage components near by. Use an Xacto knife with a sharp tip and try to put it underneath the pin. Get somebody to hold a soldering iron (WITH A VERY FINE CONICAL TIP!) on the pin. When the solder melts you can pop the pin up with the knife. Be sure not to hold the iron on the board too long to avoid the lithium battery from getting too hot and exploding. When your done it will look something like this .

STEP 4:

Finally, close the battery's casing. Use some Krazy Glue to keep it closed, or just use electrical tape around the edges like I did. I don't actually recommend the electrical tape as it makes the battery very snug in the compartment and it takes a bit of force to get it out. You can use the battery just like a regular Pandora's battery. As for getting the Memory Stick files, I can tell you that they are out there and you can find them after a bit of Googling. However, I can't tell you exactly where to find them as they contain copyrighted Sony code, and sharing them is illegal.

How does this work?

The pin that we just lifted was actually the ground pin of the EEPROM. Removing this pin effectively shuts off the EEPROM. When the microcontroller inside the battery tries to read the EEPROM, it will think the EEPROM contains all 1s (in binary). This is because of the pull-up resistors on the data lines. So the microcontroller returns a serial number of 0xFFFFFFFF to the PSP, which then goes into service mode.

hi guys
any one help please.

if ur pandora was a success m8 go back to 1.50 again then go to 3.52m33 and restet ur defaults .

thanks m8
i have got good news now i done hard reset and now its working fine
i tell you what i done

i made magic memory and some where i found how to make pandora battery by removing a pin i done it and now my psp is running 3.71 m33-2 . first it start freezing but i reset the psp fromrecovery mode and now its working fine fingures cross .

thanks for your help.
and any one who is in this problem is wel come to ask any question

thanks again

bye

no 1.5 kernel on the slim thats why you cant make the battery
but glad u sorted it, a few beers and i understand you easily : spook :

hmmm now i think about it wasnt there a pandora creator made for 3.xx kernels......
oh well im off back to my kronenbourg :drunk:

Last edited:
no 1.5 kernel on the slim thats why you cant make the battery
but glad u sorted it, a few beers and i understand you easily : spook :

hmmm now i think about it wasnt there a pandora creator made for 3.xx kernels......
oh well im off back to my kronenbourg :drunk:

: spook :u cheeky old sod lol

Back