Macs from UBRs [Little update]

demonx

Inactive User
Reaction score
This thread has nothing to do with "Possible new cable hack? ... Maybe?" I will be updating that thread over the next few days with more information as i am still gathering it all its taking sometime to put together

For now however, Here's some new info about MAC gathering and whats upcoming in terms of my programs.

I posted a while back showing a concept of gathering macs via HTTP so I will be releasing a program in the next few days that parse all WebSTAR EPC (DPX Soon) pages and read off the ExIP/MAC/UBR DNS etc into a specified file.

While making the program I discovered you could read the MACs from Ambit modems via HTTP and you can read the MACs from Surfboards from SNMP using the "public" string.

Using this tool you can also match up Ambits and Surfboards MACs to the correct UBR DNS fairly easy. So basically you can get the MAC addresses from every single modem from outside your UBR. :) (I'll explain that later on)

So yeah, I'll be keeping myself busy over the xmas holidays so I prob won't be posting as much as I normally do. Any questions post them - I'll try and answer your questions when I get some free time.

:)

He's always been a boy with brains :)

Good work (as usual) Demonx.

Rep added.

ooo are you on the same exchange as us :)

the uddingston one?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

This thread has nothing to do with "Possible new cable hack? ... Maybe?" I will be updating that thread over the next few days with more information as i am still gathering it all its taking sometime to put together

For now however, Here's some new info about MAC gathering and whats upcoming in terms of my programs.

I posted a while back showing a concept of gathering macs via HTTP so I will be releasing a program in the next few days that parse all WebSTAR EPC (DPX Soon) pages and read off the ExIP/MAC/UBR DNS etc into a specified file.

While making the program I discovered you could read the MACs from Ambit modems via HTTP and you can read the MACs from Surfboards from SNMP using the "public" string.

Using this tool you can also match up Ambits and Surfboards MACs to the correct UBR DNS fairly easy. So basically you can get the MAC addresses from every single modem from outside your UBR. :) (I'll explain that later on)

So yeah, I'll be keeping myself busy over the xmas holidays so I prob won't be posting as much as I normally do. Any questions post them - I'll try and answer your questions when I get some free time.

excellent as always demonx

Back