Looking to change car

paddyirish27

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,

i've been looking to change for awhile now since the turbo charger when in the mazda 6 and cost me a small fortune to replace i looked at the Hyundai's and my mechanic said they're a great job, a little out of my price range atm but i will definitely buy one in the next few years. Currently looking at a Ford Mondeo with the small fella in the back need the space, if i could afford it the i40 or ix35 would be my 1st choice.
Has anyone have any dealings with the Fords? i hear the 1.6 is very heavy on petrol as i'm looking to get away from diesel as too much go wrong and cost a fortune to repair

I have had 3 hyundais.
1 hyundai accent
2 hyundai coupe
3 hyundai coupe
Very reliable cars :)

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

It's a shame you've been put off diesels- if they are properly serviced they tend to be less troublesome than petrols in my experience. I have an old Tucson diesel- my first Hyundai and even though it's just past 11 years old I am still very happy with it. I do tend to change the oil more frequently than they recommend but I am sure it pays dividends in the long run.
I used to do a colossal mileage in the UK, I clocked up almost 250,000 miles in less than 3 years in a 1987 Citroen BX diesel. Engine was fine, it was the rest of it that fell apart! But it was still going 5 years later, I should have been on commission from the mechanic whose card I left in it lol!!

You want to buy older diesel car, they are more reliable as have less emissions equipment installed.

I think all vehicle emissions is a big fix. They quote very impressive fuel consumption number in the handbook, but you can only achieve when you roll downhill...

Back