Looking to buy an openbox s9

Got the box today and have it up and running . Im really impressed with it especially for the money . The picture in hd in very good .

Just watching the football match between Man Utd & Chelsea . Im thinking the answer is no but does the red button work on a saturday night where you can choose to view different matches ? Hope this ok to ask on the forum

I dont know the answer but you can ask anything you like on here mate. I wasnt sure about mentioning that company and cline in the same post with googlebots and such but it seems its not a problem so ive restored the original.

I dont know the answer but you can ask anything you like on here mate. I wasnt sure about mentioning that company and cline in the same post with googlebots and such but it seems its not a problem so ive restored the original.

Cheers Buddy.

Got another question . I have a usb powered 250gb hard drive and the box does not see it . I have formatted the drive in both fat32 and ntfs . Is it not seeing it because its usb powered ?

the red button channels are 1381-1479 i have them set as favourites i just scroll through them to find the broadcast i want bbc red button are stream 0-6 I am using a usb powered hdd with 3 partitions in ntfs and it sees them all goto menu media hdd information if not select USB storage format and that will show what format it is and allow you to set the drive up

edogg

Thanks for that

I have the task of sorting out favourite channels . i don't watch that many so i may as well put all the ones i do use in my own favourites

Not sure why my hard drive is not recognised by the box , it is by a pc . I tried NTFS and FAT32 . When its plugged in the option to format is blanked off on screen

Last edited:
Well i have had the box 10 days and i must say its brilliant for the money . Picture is top notch .

If i could change one thing to make it even better would be the epg . But for the £80 i spent its a bargain

we all agree about that epg but they ignore us as the rest of the world have an ok epg it would seem just uk is no good

edogg

Hi to start im a noob, found your post on google as im interested in buying an openbox. A guy is selling an S9 on ebay but it just comes with basic channels, another guy on the other hand is selling an S10 with a 12 month channel card? The reason i want an openbox is to watch sky sports espn etc. Just wondering if i buy an S9 what do i then have to do to watch channels like ESPN. Thanks in advance

Hi to start im a noob, found your post on google as im interested in buying an openbox. A guy is selling an S9 on ebay but it just comes with basic channels, another guy on the other hand is selling an S10 with a 12 month channel card? The reason i want an openbox is to watch sky sports espn etc. Just wondering if i buy an S9 what do i then have to do to watch channels like ESPN. Thanks in advance

buy the box on its own mate weather s9 or s10 also check the orton x403p hd same size as s 10 but has better features faster processor
i have the orton and its agreat little box for the money
as for channels it is so easy to add your own line when you find one and there are forums out there that you can join and ask server owners for tests and find a good one the all in package sounds good but they are normally got a cheap line from an over subbed server that is unreliable and is down more time than a whores drawers on a saturday night in amsterdam.
thats why its best to sorce your own for a month or 3 month at a time as cs could go tits up tomorrow thanks to the pricks on ebay selling boxes like that with server for a year etc
my advice do not buy the 12 month one buy your own box and do a bit of googling for cs forums get some more posts up then you can recieve pms and send pms if you need a push in the right direction of forums
if you go for the orton you can try the nascamm feature for a trial period that will give you an idea of what a server can do
remember buying the box is just the start you need to learn how to install it update it rescan add channels etc even the all in one with the 12months you will have to do this it is not just buy and watch for a year and viewing this way is not like you have the card in the box

Thanks for your post, very useful, the 12 month one hes charging £150 but you can pick up a box on its own for around 70 or even the orton x403p you suggested for 80. First job is getting someone to install a satellite then buy the box and whilst thats happening i shall assault google until its physically impossible to communicate amongst fellow humans. thanks alot

Back