Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

DVB - PC Cards looking for some DVB-C info...

solster

Inactive User
im looking at replacing my dreambox with a DVB-C PCI card, i was wondering if its possible to set up a pc with one of these cards and to stream the channels across the network using UPnP so i can get at the channels through an xbox 360 (or any type of media centre device)?

i know its just a software requirement, so i was wondering if any of the existing software apps that ppl use provide this feature?

also, after reading a few posts (as there seems to be a LOT of ways to set up a HTPC) am i correct in thinkin that i will be okay buying a TT-1500 HD PCI card, and using vplug with dvb dream (or similar)? i dont want to use other equipment (CI, smartcards) i want a tuner and then all software based.

any help would be grand!

Windows Media Center has the ability to stream things to the Xbox, no problems. You'll need a hardware decoder solution (CAM) if you want to view encrypted channels through MCE though.

Windows Media Center has the ability to stream things to the Xbox, no problems. You'll need a hardware decoder solution (CAM) if you want to view encrypted channels through MCE though.

thats a bit of a bugger, am hoping not to use cams, will be having a play about thou as it works well then i will give in and get a cam lol. thanks mate.

if anyone else got more advice, please feel free....

ive just seen MythTV got a built in UPnP server, ive seen this app been mentioned several times on this post, what would i need to get mythtv running? would i need a cam for this also?

Back