looking for new laptop

BIG-HOL

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hey guys, iv been on the lookout for a new laptop for a few days now and my heads all over the place with so much choice, lol, so need abit help, and also see if anyone can find me a nice bargain. iv got anything upto £500 if needs be but would prefer it under this but would pay it if the right laptop was found, basically im looking for at least an i3 machine, preferably i5 maybe even i7 if thats possible with the budget, doesnt need to be a gaming machine, must have gigabit ethernet. i prefer a laptop that doesnt have a numeric keypad on the right hand side, and keyboard must be a chiclet/island style, i am not bothered about a big hard drive or much ram as iv got a ssd to go straight in it, and i also have 8gb ram which i will swap it with straight away.

basically thats my requirements, what can you guys come up with or maybe point me in the direction of where to buy as all iv been checking has been ebay, amazon, dell outlet, and i had a look at argos too..

looking forward to any replies ;)

check your local gumtree mate some bargains to be had there

also messaged a couple of people off gumtree 1 a sony vaio i3 for £200 looks a canny machine, and another is a hp dv6 i7 machine for £350 but reading the reviews on that it seems it has overheating problems but seems a good price for a i7 machine!

looked mate there wasnt alot there really that took my fancy! ill keep checking though as i know there stock changes all the time!

yeah people are quick to buy the good ones, keep checking it took me 3 days to find one on there that i wanted spec wise. worth it in the end when you get the spec you want for a lot less than retail.

The current laptop i have i bought refurbished from currys. It was a hp dm1 and it was like brand new mate, wasnt a mark on it. Only thing it didnt come in its original box, other than that i really couldnt of told it from a new machine!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

well i got a laptop sorted, thanks for the input guys. managed to grab a mint condition asus k53e i3 machine ASUS - Notebooks- ASUS K53E from someone on a facebook selling page, over the moon with it, chucked my ssd in and swapped out the ram for the 8gb i had in my other laptop and its flying along, seems weird going from an 11.6 screen back to a 15.6 but thats why i wanted a new laptop anyway, still trying to get used to the numeric pad as it shifts the full keyboard along which was something i didnt want, but it was too good a laptop to turn down, he wanted £300 for it and when i got there i managed to get it for £220 so all sorted guys... ;)

Back