Looking for inexpensive cloud storage

DodgyTech

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Before I go off and get a desktop hard drive, I wanted to see if there were any services that would give me 5TB+ of cloud storage relatively cheap. Ideally want something that gives me lifetime storage for a one-off payment. I didn't have a figure in mind, but I saw that Degoo was priced around the $100 mark which seemed reasonable. I few notes on what I have looked at so far:
  • I have seen the Degoo post, but unsure about them
  • I tried the free MS 365 education trick, but it didn't work for me
  • Pcloud, google drive, onedrive, sync.com, icedrive have been ruled out due to price/value for money
TIA

I use degoo and find it fine but haven't done much testing with it yet.

You can pick up GDrive and one drive accounts on ebay and other places for cheap. Like €10 for unlimited account only issue with them is they could be deleted at any time. Saying that I have a few for going on 3 or 4 years and have no issue with them.

Best thing about g drive is it support rclone so can mount it on a machine like any other drive

You can pick up GDrive and one drive accounts on ebay and other places for cheap. Like €10 for unlimited account only issue with them is they could be deleted at any time. Saying that I have a few for going on 3 or 4 years and have no issue with them.

Best thing about g drive is it support rclone so can mount it on a machine like any other drive
Thanks. I've not come across rclone before but have had a quick look into it. What would you say is the main benefit over the gdrive desktop app?

Thanks but it seems like the storage size is fixed at 1024GB?

I wouldn't advise to use this route if it's your own data you want to keep long term.

I paid for a few Google drive accounts off eBay last year which I was using to sync my downloaded tv shows and movies from my seedbox to google drive which Kodi could then access easily. It works brilliantly for this although I had 4 google drives stop working and each seller ignored my requests for support.

I might go back down this route if anyone knows of a reliable seller of the Google drive accounts.

I wouldn't advise to use this route if it's your own data you want to keep long term.

I paid for a few Google drive accounts off eBay last year which I was using to sync my downloaded tv shows and movies from my seedbox to google drive which Kodi could then access easily. It works brilliantly for this although I had 4 google drives stop working and each seller ignored my requests for support.

I might go back down this route if anyone knows of a reliable seller of the Google drive accounts.

Thanks for the heads up. Thankfully, I wasn't planning on going down this route for the same reason. Will be interested to see if anyone reliable/the others can vouch for is out there.

From what I've read, you can't mount Degoo as a drive - which I can live with. Can you use Degoo to store files and folders or is it only there for photos and videos?

From what I've read, you can't mount Degoo as a drive - which I can live with. Can you use Degoo to store files and folders or is it only there for photos and videos?
no you can use it for files and folders.

there is a free license so check that out first before you commit.

This site does the degoo 10tb for a lot cheaper. I got mine a few months back for around £20

https://www.gamivo.com/product/dego...ew49bzpI8plL_swrysXNsGMJmumEwzj0aAs6nEALw_wcB

wish i had seen that before i spent like $100

Replies in the comments for the review leaves me worried, though I am not planning on storing anything copyrighted.

Degoo Review 2021 - This Is Why You Shouldn't Use It

never got any email from them about copyright but most of the things i have up there are backups of vms. dont really have anything that would breach copyright but good to know as i will encrypt anything i put up there in future,

seems the g-suite accounts i have are all shutting down end of august cause company is closing.

Anyone find any other options for cloud storage that work with rclone. Degoo doesnt seem to have rclone support.

best i can find so far is g-suite with 5TB for €15 per month. Seems the price does not go down much no matter where you VPN to and try to buy it.

You can still buy google drive on ebay but it's hit and miss how long it will remain active.
telegram is unlimited but does not support rclone.

Last edited:
You can still buy google drive on ebay but it's hit and miss how long it will remain active.
telegram is unlimited but does not support rclone.

thats where i got the other ones but I think i got really lucky. Most i know who bought from ebay lost acess withing a few months i cant risk losing some of this stuff as its family pictures and things like that. I have a guy i know from another site thats offering me unlimited g-drive for €30 a month but the only thing there is if something ever happens to him or he forgets to pay his g-drive i lose everything so looking for something that i can control.

thats where i got the other ones but I think i got really lucky. Most i know who bought from ebay lost acess withing a few months i cant risk losing some of this stuff as its family pictures and things like that. I have a guy i know from another site thats offering me unlimited g-drive for €30 a month but the only thing there is if something ever happens to him or he forgets to pay his g-drive i lose everything so looking for something that i can control.
How much data do you have stored on google at the moment?

How much data do you have stored on google at the moment?
about 10TB but 50% of that is backups of VMs. I know guys who have close to a PB on unlimited storage with g-suite.

I really only need about 5TB

about 10TB but 50% of that is backups of VMs. I know guys who have close to a PB on unlimited storage with g-suite.

I really only need about 5TB
How about backblaze? I've not used it myself.

Back