fizsparky

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi, I was wandering if any1 knew why the following happens.

When I login, The windows login sound come on but the icons (my comp. my docs etc) don't. Then, when I log off and log in again, the icons come! I reckon its sommat 2 do with a virus but I scanned my computer with microsoft antispyware via my dad's account and no virus showed, so I was wandering if any1 had any ideas regarding the problem.

Thanks!!!!!!

:Cheers:

capcomind

Inactive User
Reaction score
Spyware is not a virus. The malicious software removal tool from microsoft doesn't cover all virus variants either. Try a free antivrus programme such as AVG or Avast or one of the other free antivirus tols. A quick search on google will conjour up the names of a lot of free spyware / adware removal tools. Scan your pc and see what you get...... You might just need to free up some system resources..........

lone.gunman

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hmm...could be a corrupt user dat file (your desktop settings are kept in a file called ntuser.dat)
But as the boys say, do an A/V swep and spyware sweep too.

ampearce

Inactive User
Reaction score
I agree with Gunman, sounds like corrupt profile, common after a spyware infection. An easy way to test is to create a new user acount in Users and Passwords, log on using it and look for performance improvements.

TEST