Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sensible Topic like this

You must be the one that has the issue to come out with a statement like that.

(TT)

I don't have an issue at all I am stating the facts this happens quite a bit with you after my posts.

Steady on guys - I think we could maybe treat this thread as a way to get to understand boundaries? To be sensible and move towards debate sometimes requires a bit of to-and-fro...

Steady on guys - I think we could maybe treat this thread as a way to get to understand boundaries? To be sensible and move towards debate sometimes requires a bit of to-and-fro...

I quite agree.

Chill pills all around chaps.

(I draw the line at group hugs.)

Tbh no amount of Sensible Chat Rooms will make some people post sensibly

And that's an opinion not a slur on anybody :)

Surely, if this area is to serve its purpose then debate and sensible comment negate nonsense? Or did I miss the point?

That's exactly it, it's a room where you can create a thread without the fear of it being spoilt or degenerating into abuse.

(TT)

That's exactly it, it's a room where you can create a thread without the fear of it being spoilt or degenerating into abuse.

(TT)

If I could just pose a scenario then? If a member came onto the forum and asked a question about satellite latitude (which I know nothing about) then another member would jump in to help I'm sure. If the question was about the arts of networking I'd be near first in the queue. Ergo, there's an exchange of knowledge, or more correctly the knowledgeable offer help to the less so.

Surely then, in the sensible chat area we should welcome the less sensible and offer knowledge?

Sensible should not exclude humour or debate from an exact opposite opinion, humour can often negate what another may construe as insult or arguement.
By the looks of things an "Insult Each Other" Section would be more appropriate because whoever posted in that would not be able to complain if someone else lambasted them or had the audacity to joke about a post.

Back