Lexmark X5260 printing problem

cdy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello all, I've owned this printer for about 6 years now so perhaps it's just reached the end of its life.
Anyway, before I scrap it I thought I might as well seek a resolution to the problem. Basically I am have problems with the black ink (32/34) printing. Whenever I print a word-processed doc or an image with black the black is streaky and, in places, completely missing. Obviously I have tried changing cartridges but, alas, that hasn't worked. (In fact, I have 3 "full" black cartridges.) I've also referred to the user-manual and followed the 'troubleshooting' guide but still no resolution. (Print alignment page, print a nozzle-cleaning page, remove and replace cartridge.) I've also tried rubbing the cartridges with antisceptic wipes as suggested by the cartridge retailer. I don't really want to buy a new printer really because I do VERY LITTLE printing. So if I can somehow save this one I'd be pleased. (Sod's law, it has decided not to work today when I have 100 double-spaced pages of word processing to print!) Any experince with this problem?? Many thanks.

If you are using refilled or compatible cartridges, have you tried an new OEM one.

Lexmark printers used to have the print heads in the cartridge, is this still the case? If it is then the problem is unlikely to be a blocked print head. It might be repairable, but you can also pick printers up for not much more than a set of cartridges (in some cases less), and if you mostly print black and white text, laser printers can be had for less than £70.

Back