lets get this 3.2e thing sorted for Chrimbo

you can update from 2.1 etc but you do need to be connected to the net in order for the firmware to be downloaded and upgraded by the installer.

the installer software has been configured to do it this way.

I haven't sorted it yet, 'cause I'm looking how to combine the guide Madagasca gave and the Softmodding for Dummies guide. When I sorted things out I will post it and how I've done things :).

Btw thanx for the link Madagasca

mate i was waiting for someone to take the best of it and make an all out super noob softmod kit :) :)

I'm thinking of making this supernoob guide but first I have to fixx my own problems like the cios_fix that just wont install.

I sort of cleaned my system and started all over again. Installed the HBC. Then I installed IOS16.
At this point AnyDeleter (or whatever it is called) shows me that I have the following IOSes installed (I'm on 3.4E atm)

MIOS
BC
SYSMENU

Here my guess is that the latest ioses installed are on top, where my next guess is that everything except IOS16 is standard stuff.

At this point I'm trying to install cios_fix with the Wad Manager for IOS16. Error ret = -1022.
Trying to install it with the normal Wad Manager, some problem.

I'm totally confused this didn't work and I think nobody has the solution for me :(, cause I started sort of clean and the only thing I've done is installing IOS16.

I had this issue earlier doing my mates Wii....Took literally 90 mins of faffing to sort...

They way I sorted it was to use the file from the below link...Once these had worked I simply installed Starfall etc and away I went....

http://www.iol.ie/~taz/wii/eoc.zip

I'm totally confused this didn't work and I think nobody has the solution for me :(, cause I started sort of clean and the only thing I've done is installing IOS16.

does Ios Downgrader work? try that before cios_fix mate, just a thought. i'm fooking lost without a Wii here lol

good luck mate, i'm sure there's a solution.

I'm thinking of making this supernoob guide but first I have to fixx my own problems like the cios_fix that just wont install.

I sort of cleaned my system and started all over again. Installed the HBC. Then I installed IOS16.
At this point AnyDeleter (or whatever it is called) shows me that I have the following IOSes installed (I'm on 3.4E atm)

MIOS
BC
SYSMENU

Here my guess is that the latest ioses installed are on top, where my next guess is that everything except IOS16 is standard stuff.

At this point I'm trying to install cios_fix with the Wad Manager for IOS16. Error ret = -1022.
Trying to install it with the normal Wad Manager, some problem.

you tried installing cios fix with custom wad manager

Yes, I tried it with the Custom WM.
I ran a binary file comparer and Custom WM is the same as Wad Manager for IOS16

Aaaaaaargh, you guys will never believe me!

I just used a binary file comparer on the cios_fix.wad I downloaded from the Sofmodding tut and another cios_fix.wad from a tut from another site. What is the case? There was ONE LITTLE #%$@@^& bit that was different. One bit that should be a 0 instead of a 1 or the other way around. Well using the other cios_fix.wad the first part went well.
I'm now running IOS Downgrader :smile:

Thank you guys for all the help.

Aaaaaaargh, you guys will never believe me!

I just used a binary file comparer on the cios_fix.wad I downloaded from the Sofmodding tut and another cios_fix.wad from a tut from another site. What is the case? There was ONE LITTLE #%$@@^& bit that was different. One bit that should be a 0 instead of a 1 or the other way around. Well using the other cios_fix.wad the first part went well.
I'm now running IOS Downgrader :smile:

Thank you guys for all the help.

Hi bud,

I'm gonna SoftMod my Wii, but I'll have to downgrade too as I'm running 3.3E any chance you could tell me how you got yours Modded successfully.

Cheers

I did it this way:

* Upgrade your Wii to 3.4E
* Read the Softmodding guide for dummies and install the Homebrew Channel
* Install IOS16-<somethinghere>.wad from the normal Wad Manager
* Install cios_fix.wad using the Wad Manager for IOS16 (which is the same as Custom WM)
* Run IOS Downgrader
* Run cIOS Downgrader (choose 3.2E)
* Run Starfall (all options except for the region free stuff)
* Install cIOS_249.wad with normal Wad Manager
* Install BackupChannel.wad with normal Wad Manager
* Install IOS38-<somethinghere>.wad with normal Wad Manager
* Run Mii Channel Updater (choose Yes)
* Run IOS51 Shop installer (choose Yes twice and then No)

I've put Any Title Deleter on the SD-Card as well and used this to verify that there's no IOS249 isn't used when starting with the install. If it is installing cios_fix.wad will probably give you a -1035 error. If you get a -1022 error you should try another cios_fix.wad (http://www.iol.ie/~taz/wii/eoc.zip). The version of cios_fix.wad in here is one bit different from the one in the Softmodding for dummies guide by English.

I did it this way:

* Upgrade your Wii to 3.4E
* Read the Softmodding guide for dummies and install the Homebrew Channel
* Install IOS16-<somethinghere>.wad from the normal Wad Manager
* Install cios_fix.wad using the Wad Manager for IOS16 (which is the same as Custom WM)
* Run IOS Downgrader
* Run cIOS Downgrader (choose 3.2E)
* Run Starfall (all options except for the region free stuff)
* Install cIOS_249.wad with normal Wad Manager
* Install BackupChannel.wad with normal Wad Manager
* Install IOS38-<somethinghere>.wad with normal Wad Manager
* Run Mii Channel Updater (choose Yes)
* Run IOS51 Shop installer (choose Yes twice and then No)

I've put Any Title Deleter on the SD-Card as well and used this to verify that there's no IOS249 isn't used when starting with the install. If it is installing cios_fix.wad will probably give you a -1035 error. If you get a -1022 error you should try another cios_fix.wad (http://www.iol.ie/~taz/wii/eoc.zip). The version of cios_fix.wad in here is one bit different from the one in the Softmodding for dummies guide by English.

Thanks Scarfish. The misses updated to 3.4 today. Dont know why, but thats women!
So i thought it would be a good time to try this softmodding (even though got a wiikey installed lol ). I used English's 'final' to try and downgrade but was getting -1022 error. Used the cios_fix.wad from your download and it worked first time :)
The only thing i could not do is the
' * Run Mii Channel Updater (choose Yes) '
Dont seem to have this app on either of the sd card files, or am i missing something?
Thanks Baggy69.

Back