Learn Stock Trading

qwertyasdfg

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Evening All,

Has anyone on this forum had any experience with trading stocks and shares?

I've always wanted to get in to it but have never had the time! As I've got a few days off, thought I might do some research on it, can anyone point me in the right direction for some viable tips, help and advice?

I can recall signing up to a site many moons ago which let me mess around on the actual day to day runnings of the stock market but with a fake 100k, can't for the life of me remember the name of the site tho! Also I got one of them junk emails a few days ago inviting me to a free learning seminar, here's the linky knowledgetoaction.co.uk/start-trading-shares/
Has anyone come across it?? does it seem genuine to you guys, if so, how are these ppl guna make money by teaching us how to do it for free?? I am assuming that they may try and sign me up to some software or a brokers services at the end of seminar or something??

Any advice on this would be appreciated.

Merry Christmas to you all and I wish you all a prosperous new year.

Yes! This site looks like so many others, and not just in trading, seminars make good money. You can close everyone down at the end with the point - trading software, inside-track, trading accounts, whatever.

Bearing in mind that no-one can call the market, don't put any more money in than you're prepared to instantly write off and to make big returns you have to take big risks. Big risks often lead to big losses. Big risks are complex products (or calls) like derivatives. You have to take the bigger risks otherwise your trading fees will gobble up your profits - that's why funds are so sh*t at the moment!

I prefer the Warren Buffet model:

i) Understand it, solid, simple, well-managed, cash in the bank (i.e. Coca-cola)
ii) Buy in long term and take the dividends
iii) Sell if you've made a profit and you could do better elsewhere

I get a monthly income from shares using a simple system anyone can use - big, FO, globals selling stuff people need all the time (food, energy, pharmaceuticals etc.). I look for a good track record of dividend payment (and dividend growth). You'll earn a boring ~4% at the moment but the risk is low!

I've also got some dosh stuffed in boring old long-term savings, some in steady-away short-term savings and some in highly rentable property. A diverse portfolio paying a reliable 5% overall.

More than 5% overall and the risk starts to mount up...

Back