law on long grass and untidy garden ?

smirnoff_rules

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone know anything about this please .. l live in a quiet cul-de-sac and my one neighbour thats joined to mine has started losing it l think ,

the back garden has been like a wild life sanctuary for years now , long grass and lots of silly bird tables and things the squirrels find amazing ( and the odd rat )

anywho , he now thinks havin long grass on the front garden would be nice ? its a mess as simple as ,

well this morning his car has a flat battery and he knock my door , l had a quick look and said l would sort a battery out Monday and drop me the key round later..

then l said , "dont u think the the garden looks an eye sore ? "

"no" he says " l like it like that "

l said " its over 2 foot high , dont u care wot your neighbours think "

he went quiet and l asked ," is that it then your going to do nothing about it ?"

" well l like it " he says again ...

so l said " fook u then, dont bring your keys round to me , if u have no respect for me or the neighbours l havnt the time for u or your car , get another garage to repair it "

and went it ....

we all own r houses and some have leasehold . lm not sure about his , but isnt there any laws on this ?

cheers

Last edited:
wait for it to rain, then throw a few handfulls of sodium chloride crystals all over the garden, itll soon be gone ;)

anyone know anything about this please .. l live in a quiet cul-de-sac and my one neighbour thats joined to mine has started losing it l think ,

the back garden has been like a wild life sanctuary for years now , long grass and lots of silly bird tables and things the squirrels find amazing ( and the odd rat )

anywho , he now thinks havin long grass on the front garden would be nice ? its a mess as simple as ,

well this morning his car has a flat battery and he knock my door , l had a quick look and said l would sort a battery out Monday and drop me the key round later..

then l said , "dont u think the the garden looks an eye sore ? "

"no" he says " l like it like that "

l said " its over 2 foot high , dont u care wot your neighbours think "

he went quiet and l asked ," is that it then your going to do nothing about it ?"

" well l like it " he says again ...

so l said " fook u then, dont bring your keys round to me , if u have no respect for me or the neighbours l havnt the time for u or your car , get another garage to repair it "

and went it ....

we all own r houses and some have leasehold . lm not sure about his , but isnt there any laws on this ?

cheers

dont think you can do anything about long grass m8....might be diffrent if he turned it into a scrapyard or the grass was blocking road users view

wait for it to rain, then throw a few handfulls of sodium chloride crystals all over the garden, itll soon be gone ;)

l knew your reply would be kill everything lol

ps

he did cut around the garden , to highlight wot he was trying to do with the grass lol

Must admit mate, Your responses to peoples woes are 1st class, have you ever tried to apply to a paper for a column of your own. Could you imagine

Dear Digi,

My next door neighbour keeps playing loud music all day and night what will i do.

Dear reader,

Place some Semtex in letter box, apply detonation and problem solved.

I would buy that!!!

Dont think there's much you can do if a neighbour decides to leave grass to grow longer unless it encourages a vermin problem. Remember, an awful lot of these nature programs are actually encouraging people to have wilder, more natural gardens to encourage more birds and wildlife.

Dont think there's much you can do if a neighbour decides to leave grass to grow longer unless it encourages a vermin problem. Remember, an awful lot of these nature programs are actually encouraging people to have wilder, more natural gardens to encourage more birds and wildlife.

think its because his lazy lol .. the guy that cut his grass before died about a year back and it only started then

next time he is out cut it yourself shouldnt even take 5 mins that size

LOL my garden was just like that not 3 week ago.. if not longer.. but i have an excuse.. we had loads of rain and it was heavily flooded.. in the end i cut it when it was pissing it down lol.. (petrol before someone says lol)

back to the subject.. i dont think its too bad.. there are much worse gardens out there.. back in the 90's if you had a fridge or a couch in the garden is showed people you have money to buy new appliances.. lol ..

Think he may change his mind and cut it now you have saidd something...

Paraquat it when he's out :). Mind that you'll have to look at a patch of soil instead :).

Get some unboiled hemp seeds from the fishing tackle shop and liberally spread them on his lawn. It's a fast growing and decorative plant :).

Must admit mate, Your responses to peoples woes are 1st class, have you ever tried to apply to a paper for a column of your own. Could you imagine

Dear Digi,

My next door neighbour keeps playing loud music all day and night what will i do.

Dear reader,

Place some Semtex in letter box, apply detonation and problem solved.

I would buy that!!!

Dear reader

this is something that ive had to endure myself, with not only my current neighbours who think that a house full of coke crazed zombies all screaming along to 'ill do it my way' at 3am is a 'good time' but also with a next door neighbour a few years ago, and the solution is a simple yet very effective one

first, wait untill the party is in full swing, then hop over the fence, open the electric meter cupboard, and rip out the main 100A supply fuse

coke heads dont hang round when theres no music, so the neighbour will be left in his own dark quiet party, with no heat or electric untill the supplier can get someone out to replace the fuse

if you then get up at 8am and start to blast (at very high bass) some classical music, on repeat, while you go out for the day, youll find that this anti social behaviour soon stops

failing that, you could always, while the music drowns out all sounds from outside, screw some 4" wood screws through the door and window frames from the outsides, then pour petrol through the letter box and throw some lit matches in as well, this will also stop the noise, and will also allow you to turn off your heating as the heat through the walls will also warm your own home

untill next time

agony digi

:proud:

Do you think i should start my own agony digi column then? lol

Last edited:
Dear reader

this is something that ive had to endure myself, with not only my current neighbours who think that a house full of coke crazed zombies all screaming along to 'ill do it my way' at 3am is a 'good time' but also with a next door neighbour a few years ago, and the solution is a simple yet very effective one

first, wait untill the party is in full swing, then hop over the fence, open the electric meter cupboard, and rip out the main 100A supply fuse

coke heads dont hang round when theres no music, so the neighbour will be left in his own dark quiet party, with no heat or electric untill the supplier can get someone out to replace the fuse

if you then get up at 8am and start to blast (at very high bass) some classical music, on repeat, while you go out for the day, youll find that this anti social behaviour soon stops

failing that, you could always, while the music drowns out all sounds from outside, screw some 4" wood screws through the door and window frames from the outsides, then pour petrol through the letter box and throw some lit matches in as well, this will also stop the noise, and will also allow you to turn off your heating as the heat through the walls will also warm your own home

untill next time

agony digi

:proud:

Do you think i should start my own agony digi column then? lol

exactly mate, I think we should have a New Forum Titled

Dear Digi (non tech questions please)

I think the mods need to act fast on this and set this up :)

exactly mate, I think we should have a New Forum Titled

Dear Digi (non tech questions please)

I think the mods need to act fast on this and set this up :)

a bit like 'Dear Deadrie' (or however she spelt it lol) but with a 'fook the lot of em' sick kind of twist?

lol

Smirn m8 I would just say do you mind I cut it for you I like to keep the street tidy if he says no problem just cut it at 6am in the morning after you have done it a couple of times he will keep on top of it.

I dont understand some people wouldnt you think people would like to live in a tidy area FFS how old is this kid 16 are sommick even the young lads in my street look after there gardens and there ruff as fcuk :proud:

so thats why the mussies hasnt had a shave in a while

My garden was worse than that just a few weeks ago, so it ain't that bad. The trouble for us is, it's a bloody big garden, and it takes ages to mow the bleeding thing, even with a petrol mower. Not sure why, or if it's normal even, but our mower really doesn't like working if it's a hot and sunny day, and it cuts out every five minutes and you end up having a hell of a job getting started again, you ending waiting half an hour for it to cool down so it'll start again. It ends up being shitty job, stopping and starting every five bloody minutes and you end up wanting to sling the thing through the fence! It works fine on a normal/cold day, most of the time ayway! (apart from not liking the uneven surface!)

I thought buying a petrol mower would make my life easier, but it's made it harder. Wish I'd bought a 50m extension cord and a cheap electric jobbie now!

I keep thinking I must get a gardener in to have a look at it for us, get it up to scratch, and get a roller on it or something, so that eventually, it'll be easier for us to manage again. Dunno if that's actually a viable option though.

Not to mention, there isn't enough hours in the day, or days in the week!

My garden was worse than that just a few weeks ago, so it ain't that bad. The trouble for us is, it's a bloody big garden, and it takes ages to mow the bleeding thing, even with a petrol mower. Not sure why, or if it's normal even, but our mower really doesn't like working if it's a hot and sunny day, and it cuts out every five minutes and you end up having a hell of a job getting started again, you ending waiting half an hour for it to cool down so it'll start again. It ends up being shitty job, stopping and starting every five bloody minutes and you end up wanting to sling the thing through the fence! It works fine on a normal/cold day, most of the time ayway! (apart from not liking the uneven surface!)

I thought buying a petrol mower would make my life easier, but it's made it harder. Wish I'd bought a 50m extension cord and a cheap electric jobbie now!

I keep thinking I must get a gardener in to have a look at it for us, get it up to scratch, and get a roller on it or something, so that eventually, it'll be easier for us to manage again. Dunno if that's actually a viable option though.

Not to mention, there isn't enough hours in the day, or days in the week!

get a couple of billie goats or sheep to eat the grass

well he got around to cutting it today ,,, well with his strimmer lol

Back