Laser jet printer - wireless, scanner, colour

beezo

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Im sick of my printer getting clogged up cos it only gets used every other week

so im after a laser jet printer (think thats what they are called, the ones that use toner cartridges)

im after one thats wirelless, colour and can scan. Fax would be a bonus

would be nice to be able to get decent compatible toner cartridges for it too

thanx in advance

I do not envy you at all mate. 26 uses a year for a Laser printer... talk about underutilisation.

I have the Dell 1350CNW (it's actually a zerox printer as Dell don't manufacture anything) it's not a scanner or fax, just a wireless colour laser printer. I've had several inkjet printers and even though a full set of toners is £30 (compatibles) it beats the crap out of any inkjet (and I was using a CISS system) on a pence per page basis. I do print a hell of a lot too. I've had 2 epson inkjets and 2 conons, so I always used compatible inks.

The printer was £120, but if you want a cheaper alternative Dell also do the 1250cn for £55 which is networked but not wireless and it takes the same £30 toners. You get over 1500 pages out of the colours and 2500 from black (depending on coverage).

I'm printing cd covers and get a lot more for my £30 toners than I was from the same cost in ink. I was getting canon inks for 39p each colour and bottles of ink for £3. The toners are only going to get cheaper as this is a relatively new model of printer.

Last edited:
do you have a link for the cheaper networked printer please m8?

I have just bought exactly what you requested, a HP colour laser printer/scanner/copier etc for under £180 delivered.

HP LaserJet Pro 100 color MFP M175a = USB version
HP LaserJet Pro 100 color MFP M175nw = ethernet version

Both have wireless and can be used as a copier without needing the PC switched on.

HP LaserJet Pro 100 Color MFP M175A Laser All-in-one Printer - WAE+

OFFICAIL refills are £28 per colour, but refill kits can be had for £5 per colour.

I have the Dell 1350CNW (it's actually a zerox printer as Dell don't manufacture anything) it's not a scanner or fax, just a wireless colour laser printer. I've had several inkjet printers and even though a full set of toners is £30 (compatibles) it beats the crap out of any inkjet (and I was using a CISS system) on a pence per page basis. I do print a hell of a lot too. I've had 2 epson inkjets and 2 conons, so I always used compatible inks.

The printer was £120, but if you want a cheaper alternative Dell also do the 1250cn for £55 which is networked but not wireless and it takes the same £30 toners. You get over 1500 pages out of the colours and 2500 from black (depending on coverage).

I'm printing cd covers and get a lot more for my £30 toners than I was from the same cost in ink. I was getting canon inks for 39p each colour and bottles of ink for £3. The toners are only going to get cheaper as this is a relatively new model of printer.

I think ive found the one up from the printer you bought - Dell 1355cnw Colour Network Multifunction A4 Printer - Wireless £149.00 from ebuyer

i assume it takes the same cartridges but it copies too and is wireless. not sure if it faxes but that dont matter

what you reckon

Back