Las Vegas

liambalfour

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hey dudes

I have booked to go to Vegas in December with the Mrs, we aren't big gamblers but fancied going. I want to see Penn and Teller, she wants to see Jersey Boys. Also fancy going to a shooting range.

Anyone been before and any recomendations

Was there for a few days, and even just walking around all the hotels opens your eyes! They're not hotels but individual resorts, they're huge! You can make Vegas what you want it to be, no need to gamble, but playing the 'slots' is OK, barmaids come round and ask you if you want a drink and you tip them a dollar. Bottle of bud for around 75p, NOT BAD! :). Tips might have to be a bit more now though, as that was in 2010.

And don't go with the stereotypical "sleaze" thought in your mind. We did, and the closest we got to it was the "clicky-clicky" guys handing out cards for strip clubs. But they're not pushy at all. Whatever you are looking for, I'm sure you'll find something. I've never heard anyone I know who went to Vegas not loving their holiday.

On a personal point, one of my highlights was a helicopter night flight around Vegas. Depending on weight will depend on where you are seated on the helicopter. We were fortunate enough to be up front next to the pilot. If you do it, also take your camcorder with you!! (no flashing still cameras allowed). The Americans behind me were kicking themselves they hadn't thought of lifting theirs!

If you choose the Grand Canyon helicopter flight option, you can right off one of your days in Vegas for it. Not saying it's not good, I personally wanted to experience Vegas more, hence the flight round the town.

No matter what you do, you'll have a great time! I'm jealous!!! Wish I could go back!

I'm sure you will enjoy it mate. :)

Last edited:
I stopped over there for a few nights last year while driving across America - we went to the Penn and Teller show which was good.
For shooting we went to the gun store LV which is not too far out of the centre - link tried uzi / sniper / desert eagle / SAW / M9 and M4 carbine - was not cheap but well worth it imo. Try and get there early if you can we went in an afternoon and were told it would be over an hour wait as there were loads waiting - we turned up about 15 to 30 mins before it opened the next day and got in the front of the queue.

Last edited:
Got married in Vegas 2 years ago - was amazing. One show I would highly reccomend is Le Reve it was amazing, but then saying that we went to a couple of shows which were both extremely good.

Back