Laptops & Laptop Part Suppliers

Exos

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had a few issues of late with one of my laptops (Acer Aspire 5920G), reasonably spec for two years old, blu-ray player 4GB Ram, T5750 2Ghz ATI 3470 a/b/g/n WLAN.

First bit of trouble started with a blank screen....so decided to replace the inverter, all went great, just unscrew and crack off the surround , replace it under the LCD and put it all back. Despite a few niggles appeared to be working......but no....

Few days later, starts flickering.....thought bugger, so gets the supplier to replace the inverter they sold me, so whips it out, sends it back, gets another....fantabulous, working like a charm...then the left mouse button breaks off on the pad....:Cry:.....day or two later...FLICKER!!!! Argh.....so thinks, right save me piddling around I will get a replacement LCD cable as looking around it appears this is the more common problem and a palm rest.......

LCD cable £10, few days delivery jobs a goodun, orders a palm rest from e-bay....doesn't arrive...supplier decides that he actually didn't have any, despite him having it up on e-bay, and didn't think it pertinent to tell me. Gives me a refund.....

Buys another....£7....now OK, I should really heed my "get what you pay for", when a normal new one is around £25. Thing turns up today and I swear, if they had never heard of a cloth i wouldn't have been surprised. I think there was more grime, stains (what looks like yellowing) and dark black plain dirty crap in every groove possible, I mean this think was rank.

So after a little bit of TLC, and shit loads of Foamclene, I start to dismantle the laptop..thinking its relatively easy having done it a few times before........two hours later........and i finally get the palm rest off (for those that don't know its pretty much the whole of the top half of a laptop with includes the touchpad)

This time, takes a look at the old one, takes a look at the new....then thinks.....cheeky effin barstewards, they had only gone and removed all the really small PCB's for the buttons from it.........which now means i have to transfer everything (including the PCB cables) from the old to new. Talk about tight fisted, i mean seriously are you going to sell a PCB for a "E" button which is unique to that model laptop.

So right now, every piece of my laptop is sitting on my shelf, because frankly I've had as much as I can take for one night!!!

Last edited:
Oh shite hee hee, thats what happens sometimes thats why I stopped looking at computers for people sometimes somethings just are a pain in the Ass,

good luck Im sure you will crack on the morra and get it sorted.

ohhhh exos mate, sounds like your in need of a new computer to me, im thinking maybe a dell 1749 i5.... lol ;)

ohhhh exos mate, sounds like your in need of a new computer to me, im thinking maybe a dell 1749 i5.... lol ;)

Lol, Big-Hol. If it wasn't Christmas and I didn't have the little miss breathing down my neck for money I would ;)

Plus, I already have this and another, plus the one I just bought for my daughter, so I would probably be taking the pi$$.

Exos it is because of the type of thing that you have just described that I tend to make money - after stripping everything most punters get fed up and don't want to know and then they brng it to me (which they should have done in the first place), but hey whose complainng? Not me! Hope you fix it ok. lol

Exos it is because of the type of thing that you have just described that I tend to make money - after stripping everything most punters get fed up and don't want to know and then they brng it to me (which they should have done in the first place), but hey whose complainng? Not me! Hope you fix it ok. lol

Good job i know what I'm doing then ;) I was just more frustrated at the fact the part had been that stripped down it was almost unusable, plus it was rather dirty to say the least. A sure fire way to not get any repeat custom.

Didn't obviously help that i started it after 10pm...

All sorted now and back together, despite the fact Ive discovered the inverter that was replaced is still faulty (wasn't an original part)

All sorted now and back together, despite the fact Ive discovered the inverter that was replaced is still faulty (wasn't an original part)

Where do you get your parts from as it looks like I need either a cable or inverter for the daughters Compaq Presario CQ61-427SA laptop :(

Back