laptop screen problem

i-zombie

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
i have just bought a sony vaio vgn-fz21e but it has a wierd problem
upon boot on the win7/vista loading screen the screen seems fine,but when it gets in windows the screen is all distorted sorta snowy but static effect,i get this in bios too(it seems to be ontop of the screen,overlaying it so to speak) but the boot screen is fine so im unsure as to wether its the screen,the graphics card or something else
it also defaults to the lowest res available and 4 bit colour scheme

i like this lappy but im not wanting to fork out for a new screen if its the graphics chip thats gone

it seemed a little ho so i stripped it down ,cleaned the fan and heatshied,and reapplied some thermal pasted but other than it seeming to run cooler now it had no effect

any ideas guys,or is it for ebay as faulty

i have just bought a sony vaio vgn-fz21e but it has a wierd problem
upon boot on the win7/vista loading screen the screen seems fine,but when it gets in windows the screen is all distorted sorta snowy but static effect,i get this in bios too(it seems to be ontop of the screen,overlaying it so to speak) but the boot screen is fine so im unsure as to wether its the screen,the graphics card or something else
it also defaults to the lowest res available and 4 bit colour scheme

i like this lappy but im not wanting to fork out for a new screen if its the graphics chip thats gone

it seemed a little ho so i stripped it down ,cleaned the fan and heatshied,and reapplied some thermal pasted but other than it seeming to run cooler now it had no effect

any ideas guys,or is it for ebay as faulty

I would say the biggest hint is that you get the effect in the BIOS. The graphics have gone pal and as you suggest they are integrated so its either an expensive repair or sold for parts.

:)

i did look on the sony site for one,but couldnt see any

and i sorta figured it mite be the graphics card,a bloody shame its a nice lappy,ah well should make my money bsck as spares

not to worry guys,i couldnt swap out the gfx chip as it was intergrated,so i sold it as spares-got 20 quid more than i paid so cant grumble,cheers for the replys tho

Back