1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. DEAR Guest,

Thank you for your continued support, we have not moved software platforms since 2005!
    We was a keen vBulletin forum but vBulletin decided to make a bloated VB5 platform and drop support for VB4, We cannot continue to operate with thousands of visitors daily and a bloated software that is not supported.
    To our Long standing members we know this will be a challange and you might not like change, but please explore all options and give it a try, we will of course over the coming weeks try and bring back the items from vbulletin that you enjoyed the most.
    We have setup a thread for discussion and feedback here:

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/threads/xenforo-bug-and-request-thread.453707

Thank you!

laptop cant find hd

Discussion in 'Microsoft and Windows Support' started by imyeman2000, Mar 12, 2017.

1. imyeman2000

imyeman2000 New Member

hi everyone not sure if this is the correct forum , i have a dvd hard drive recorder with recordings i dont want to lose ive taken the hard drive out and connected it to my laptop,the laptop makes the noise when its plugged in but it doesnt show up ! i read something saying to open disc managment to see if it shows there . i did that and it is there but as unknown when i right click on it it asks to initialise then something about partitioning , my question is if i click on any of the 2 will it harm the hard drive so it cant be used back in the dvd recorder....ive took pics if needed any help please will be appreciated thank you...!

2. sneaker

sneaker VIP Member

An hdd out of a dvd recorder is preped in a different way to a pc hdd which normally use fat32/ntfs if You try to alter it with a pc Your films/programs will be lost. I don't know how You get them off I'll leave someone else to answer that, someone with experience of this problem, it might be worth letting us know what the dvd recorder is. This might also be better posted in the av/home cinema section.

3. rawsy

rawsy DW F1 Champ 2010, 14

Only way I know of with pvr hdd is to use a capture card and play and record the programs. An easier way would probably be just to burn the shows to DVD and rip the DVD after I think .

4. imyeman2000

imyeman2000 New Member

cheers anyways much appreciated for the feedback !

5. kacaak

kacaak New Member

Commercial hdd recorders use proprietary file system, or encryption. Try google and search for your device type.

6. mb63

mb63 New Member

Put the Hard Drive back into the original machine, then connect via scart/component to a PC with a tv card.
    You will then be able to copy the recordings to your PC hard drive!