Laptop Advice

Falkirk_Bairn

Inactive User
Reaction score
Evening all.

I've been thinking about one for a while and i've finally decided to by myself a lappy since the PC is slowly going downhill.

I've had a look about and found this : HP 6735s Laptop, AMD AthlonTM X2 Dual Core QL-60 1.9GHz, 4GB memory, 250GB HDD, DVD+-RW SMDL LightScribe writer, Webcam 15.4" WXGA (1280 x 800) WLAN Bluetooth Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium - Ebuyer

Is that good value for the price? All ive really looked at is RAM and HDD, don't know much else!

If not, can anyone reccomend another laptop?

Evening all.

I've been thinking about one for a while and i've finally decided to by myself a lappy since the PC is slowly going downhill.

I've had a look about and found this : HP 6735s Laptop, AMD AthlonTM X2 Dual Core QL-60 1.9GHz, 4GB memory, 250GB HDD, DVD+-RW SMDL LightScribe writer, Webcam 15.4" WXGA (1280 x 800) WLAN Bluetooth Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium - Ebuyer

Is that good value for the price? All ive really looked at is RAM and HDD, don't know much else!

If not, can anyone reccomend another laptop?

I'm going for this laptop myself mate, i've had my eyes on it for the last 3 weeks, have you got it yet? If so, what do you think?

I'm going for this laptop myself mate, i've had my eyes on it for the last 3 weeks, have you got it yet? If so, what do you think?

Aye had it for almost 2 weeks.

Looks good and is fast as fook compared to my old PC!

All ive really used it for is the internet, word processing and footbal manager but so far its been solid.

Get one!

Aye had it for almost 2 weeks.

Looks good and is fast as fook compared to my old PC!

All ive really used it for is the internet, word processing and footbal manager but so far its been solid.

Get one!

Awesome mate, how about Vista, is that as bad as some people make it out to be? I have Win XP on my PC and i quite like it. To be honest, it's the Vista that has held me back...but i want that laptop real bad lol.

Don't think the vista should put you off, it's just a case of getting used to something different.
Don't know if you even get the option of windows xp anymore on packaged computers.

I dont think MS is allowing people to buy licenses for it anymore to be shipped with a new machine, could be wrong about that as there are loads of netbooks using XP.

Awesome mate, how about Vista, is that as bad as some people make it out to be? I have Win XP on my PC and i quite like it. To be honest, it's the Vista that has held me back...but i want that laptop real bad lol.

if you get a good laptop Vista will run good on it

i been using Vista for around 2 years now and all ok

I like it, its black so "matches" the laptop if you know what i mean.

Has some quite good things built into the Vista that i didn't have on XP aswell.

Seems good enough to me.

Vista is terrible avoid at all costs....why waste CPU and RAM just to look pretty ?? Infact Vista is so bad it's already due to be replaced by xmas 2009 by Windows 7 which is already in Beta.
My Dell Inspiron came with Vista Business edition as standard, 1st thing I did was format it and install Windows XP Pro.

Vista is fine, there are no problems with it.

Been happily using it now myself for almost a year. Dont beleive all the stories about it, more often than not it is just people who cannot deal with change.

But if you can hang on, wait for windows 7.

I was just speaking to a mate of mine on MSN. He compared Vista to anal sex, his words:
"you know you want to try it, but get put off by having a smelly cock. Then you do it, love it and then need to disinfect yourself afterwards".
Bizzare.

Back