Mobile Phones Landline phone costs on the rise

skinz

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
1 October 2010

BBC News - Landline phone costs on the rise

Landline phone costs on the rise

BT's price rises were announced earlier in the year Price rises for millions of landline telephone customers have come into effect, although some of the charges can be avoided.

Telecoms businesses BT and TalkTalk have increased line rental and daytime call costs.

Both, as well as Virgin, have put up call connection charges but those signed up to packages or bundle deals will be able to dodge these charges.

One analyst said that price is no longer the main front of competition.

Mark Bilige, of pricing consultancy Simon Kucher and Partners, said other factors were used as the main points of competition as people use their landlines less and turn to mobiles instead.

The changes mean BT and TalkTalk's line rental goes up to £12.04 a month, or more if subscribers continue to receive bills through the post. Daytime rates have increased to 6.4p a minute.

The cost of connecting a call has risen to 10.9p for BT and Talk Talk customers, and 11.99p for Virgin customers.

if it was not for needing broadband I would dump these feckers

Sadly you need a land line for BB service which means rental there should be a provider for just BB (no calls) at a cheeper rental

Sadly dongles are just not reliable enough !!!!

example my last bill from BT was around £55 of which £2.30 was calls I use my mobile for calls !!!

if it was not for needing broadband I would dump these feckers

Sadly you need a land line for BB service which means rental there should be a provider for just BB (no calls) at a cheeper rental

Sadly dongles are just not reliable enough !!!!

Not with cable you don't.

But by itself a 10meg line costs £20 on virminge

example my last bill from BT was around £55 of which £2.30 was calls I use my mobile for calls !!!

same here m8 £1.73 for calls, that was 7yrs ago now and thats why i dont have a landline for 7yrs now:proud:
i use mobile only to make calls as it well cheaper,
plus most of the time in end up with free credit on my mobile and extra cash WinkWink.:banana:

landlines are rip off, as for internet i rip them off:proud:

Back