Lack of channels

Mark_The_Yid

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got a kryptview for my grandparents. Trying to set it up in ex-telepest but it only scans 11 transponders and comes up with a small amount of channels.

Am I doing something wrong?

have ypu set the correct location before scanning
check the net id is correct m8

have ypu set the correct location before scanning
check the net id is correct m8

I selected telewest in menu. How do I check the net ID and what should it be?

Sig is 69
Qual is 79-99 channel dependant

after selecting TW then network hit search then you should be prompted to select you location (netid)
Im doing this from memory as I cant access box at the moment
family are watching it lol

Last edited:
After selecting tw I was selecting all. I have now tried selecting network but it comes up with "start add new tp"

top of my head m8 I cant remember ?
try selecting tp

or maybe you select the netid on first scan ? so maybe a factory rest ?

Im pretty new to this box myself and still finding my way around it :)

top of my head m8 I cant remember ?
try selecting tp

or maybe you select the netid on first scan ? so maybe a factory rest ?

Im pretty new to this box myself and still finding my way around it :)

Spot on. Done a factory reset then network search to be given a list of net id's. Only trouble is I don't know which one to choose!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
:) happy to help m8

like anything new Mark its hard until you know how :)

Sorry to keep bugging. Now it's running I am getting picture break up on bbc1 & 2 due to what I suspect is too strong signal sig 69 qual 99. But there are also channels (some movie channels) which are too low signal and don't work at all. qual 56. How can I get around this?

Sorry to keep bugging. Now it's running I am getting picture break up on bbc1 & 2 due to what I suspect is too strong signal sig 69 qual 99. But there are also channels (some movie channels) which are too low signal and don't work at all. qual 56. How can I get around this?

Similar problem to me... i had to revert back to the January firmware,which cured all my problems...

Similar problem to me... i had to revert back to the January firmware,which cured all my problems...

This has solved the too strong signal prob on bbc1/bbc2 but has also lowered the signal on the channels that are too weak.

I thought these boxes were held in high regard. They certainly have done nothing to impress me so far!

Have a test file with new tuner drivers if you are in TW these may help. Pm me if you want to try it.

tmc

This has solved the too strong signal prob on bbc1/bbc2 but has also lowered the signal on the channels that are too weak.

I thought these boxes were held in high regard. They certainly have done nothing to impress me so far!

Sorry it didn't help...was worth a try anyway..
Had to reflash all my families back to the January firmware yesterday..all having same problem with the 99% quality channels (pure area).

Just out of curiosoty,if januarys tuner drivers worked for everyone,why couldn't they incorporate them into the latest firmware instead of changing them?
Please excuse my ignorance if theres a valid reason...

try this guys

do a factory reset and put the feed into the output instead of input and recan

a m8 of mine bought a kryptview from ebay and got a sheet of paper saying do this ?
who knows worth a try ?

There were few issues with the tuners these change has helped but also caused a problem with others it seems. Will see if I can get a release done with Jan drivers in the new software for people having problems

tmc

Back