kv glitching

cactikid

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
it appears there is a problem with viewing :Angryfire and is been looked at so be patient again folks:Clap::Clap:

Been like this all day strangely........:Cheers:

recheck boxes as it should be coming back now.

yeah thanks mate,
been getting fed up glitching and unreliable servers,
after having digi boxes from starview 1 through to k/v,i finally took the plunge and put a sat dish up got a cheap skybox f3,sourced a years gift and away you go. what a difference.total outlay for dish, box,gift, cables etc £150
the k/v has been relegated to wee room for back up or emergencies, cheers

glitching has got better for some by using a variable attenuator,but this problem was bigger,hope the internet dont kak it

have you rechecked all connections ,faulty splitters,and rebooting box modem and router.is the glitching on some or all channels.

yeah thanks mate,
been getting fed up glitching and unreliable servers,
after having digi boxes from starview 1 through to k/v,i finally took the plunge and put a sat dish up got a cheap skybox f3,sourced a years gift and away you go. what a difference.total outlay for dish, box,gift, cables etc £150
the k/v has been relegated to wee room for back up or emergencies, cheers

Yup, Simple fact is cable cardshare boxes like KV, SV are not only oversubcribed and have a track record of poor service and glitching. The hardware itself is cheap and nasty. The fact that a 50 quid openbox/skybox etc on Sat is superior probably tells you the KV/SV hardware is worth 30 quid max..the rest of the fee is in reality a cardshare subscription fee...

In other words stick a dish up and move to sat if you can..obviously if you live in flats or rented accomodation and you cant have a dish then look at cable even then see if you can find a proper underground private Nagra 3 ring to join they do exist...and you can get a proper Linux box to use like a dm500, dm800 etc..rather than a crappy SV or KV

found this posted elsewhere.

Ok since I last posted I decided to switch my not so super hub into modem mode(WiFi off) and connected to the hub a netgear dual band wireless N router brought off eBay for 35quid.
Then connected my kV 780 to the new router. After using this method for over a week I have seen a vast improvement I rarely get a scrambled message with loss of picture. And channels that were previously terrible are watchable again as at worst the picture will freeze every 5mins or so for 2secs with the sound continuing then picture resumes.
I know this may not work for every but if ur still struggling with bad reliability buying a decent 300m wireless N router for 20quid and using this method I highly recommend.
At worst if this method doesn't improve your viewing you'll have better WiFi range as in my case and many others the super hubs wireless signal was poor.

maybe of use to someone.

Have you tried using an attenuator to alter the signal coming into the box?

i dont have cable and in wrong country,last resort is the variable attenuator.have you checked everything else.

Back