Kryptview HD and external hard drives

Some drives I've been looking at have twin usbs, will this cause a problem with a single usb on the kryptview?

mine came with a lead that had 2 usb one end and a mini usb to plug into drive, i just used an old mini usb camera lead i had and it works fine.

Thanks for the info, I wasn't sure if only using one of the usb connectors would give it enough power from the dw800.:proud:

Twin USB leads are for the power supply to the disk drive; look closely and the lead to the second USB connector is probably thinner than the main one as it only has the power connections, not the data. The USB spec is for about 0.5A per port, I think; most hard disk drives take about 1A on spin up, so by taking two USB ports = 0.5A + 0.5A = 1A. I thank you :)

Thanks you all, I finally found a mini usb to usb lead and yes it does power a spare external hdd I have, so now I'll be ready when the dw800's are available again.:banana::BLOBBY::Clap:

Can someone please confirm like someone previously said with a 250gig hdd you can get 86 hours record time in HD ?

I find that very hard to belive maybe 8hrs ! but 86 ?!

Can someone please confirm like someone previously said with a 250gig hdd you can get 86 hours record time in HD ?

I find that very hard to belive maybe 8hrs ! but 86 ?!

i get 40 hrs hd and 60 sd with 100gb

Thanks you all, I finally found a mini usb to usb lead and yes it does power a spare external hdd I have, so now I'll be ready when the dw800's are available again.:banana::BLOBBY::Clap:

im mayb bein stupid here but all this talk off vm going to n3 or whatever..would these boxes be pretty pointless gettin if this happened or could they be used for something else..i notice the card slot on them at the front..yeah i have one off these boxes and they are top class..but started to worry mayb i shouldn't have got one so quick..any help or info is gratefull

im mayb bein stupid here but all this talk off vm going to n3 or whatever..would these boxes be pretty pointless gettin if this happened or could they be used for something else..i notice the card slot on them at the front..yeah i have one off these boxes and they are top class..but started to worry mayb i shouldn't have got one so quick..any help or info is gratefull

It was a bad idea to get one just now mate, I'll gie you £30 for it. :proud:

:Cheers:

:confused:i was actually told the same by "someone in the know"...so it would be nice to get some confirmation...buy now or buy later?

Back