Kryptview HD and external hard drives

Just wondering whats the max external drive you can use and is it fussy about the company? Also, does digital worldz have anything to do with dream world?

If anyone is looking for a compatible drive i have just got a 250gb maxtor basics portable drive from netto for £39.99, box powers it fine, plugged it in formatted using the box turned the box off and then back on and bingo all up and running, has 86 hours record time in HD or 132 hours in SD.

does anyone know how you change channel when your recording another channel?

its ok i sussed it you cant set recordings using the epg you have to wait til program starts then just press record,then bring up the channel list and it shows a tick on the channels you can watch whilst recording another channel.

Last edited:
does anyone know how you change channel when your recording another channel?

its ok i sussed it you cant set recordings using the epg you have to wait til program starts then just press record,then bring up the channel list and it shows a tick on the channels you can watch whilst recording another channel.

You can set it to record, you dont have to wait till it starts. once you have set it, you will see a red circle on the epg for the prog you are going to record

You can set it to record, you dont have to wait till it starts. once you have set it, you will see a red circle on the epg for the prog you are going to record
yeah i did that but once the recording started the box switched to that channel and i couldnt turn it over.

for apple users
if you are using a external hard and format 50 50 fat and mac the box will see the fat partition but the down side is if you reformat from the box it will also format your mac extended partition hope that helps
i found out the hard way lost the lot

After trying with no luck on getting my Freecom ToughDrive 250GB to work on the box. I got a new Western Digital Elements 1TB and it worked first time :banana:

All my western digital "my book home edition" hard drives work fine inc' 1tb and 500gig.

Well impressed with the playback too.

Regards.

thanks apc but i really wanted a usb powered one to save all the wires and the portability factor :)

I bought the one in my link and seems to be working well
ive set recordings via the epg so just see if it works OK
will report back later

When I got a new, bigger HD for my ps3 I kept the old 80Gb HD and bought a HD caddy for it. This caddy is usb powered but the lead form it goes from one usb to 2 usb connectors and I have to plug both in to laptop for it to work. Does nyone know if I'll be able to use this on the kryptview hd box?

Cheers

Rob.

as a matter of curosity , what formatt does it record to the ex-HD/pen ?. and will it be possible to download say blueray stuff and play them back through the ex-HD ?.

as a matter of curosity , what formatt does it record to the ex-HD/pen ?. and will it be possible to download say blueray stuff and play them back through the ex-HD ?.

It records in .ts format, you can play these files on your computor using various programmes. I use "gom" player. As far as I'am aware don't think anyone has had any success in playing files such as avi or div x even after conversion to .ts. They are not recognised by the DW800

Back