Krptview newbie help

rp3X

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi just my box from TMC (cheers) nice and fast delivery and good service! however just switched it on and gone thru the normal options, went to Automatic search chose Ex-C&W since thats my area hit the green button for scan.

Comes back 10 seconds afterwards saying its done and display only free to view channels and just few channels ?

Went back and retried by adding NTL/Chours/telewest/TEST/and all the other ones it picked up and selected under channel search type: ALL. Took 3 minutes and found few more channels but not really any main channels just stuff like virgin demo channels and discovery.

Musta missed something pretty obvious I reckon !

Any ideas ?

Had a similar problem with mines' out of the box. I assumed the s/w had been loaded but mines hadn't (go to menu, if background says Arnet it needs s/w, should be Kryptview). Get the s/w from tmc's post halfway down first page in this thread. You need the 'downloader' s/w & a null modem cable.
Hopefully I ain't talking out my bottom & this is actually what your problem is,
Good Luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I go to menu it just says kryptview has yellow/black background....

So belive its loaded, it was updated and uploaded before shipping out to me...

Cheers still good thinking ya never know !

you need to set the frequency and symbol rate mate, then do a scan it seems that your frequency might not have been added in firmware ...

you need to set the frequency and symbol rate mate, then do a scan it seems that your frequency might not have been added in firmware ...

You don't need to do that on these boxes...

Have you tried deleting all channels...menu>>>user preference>>>delete all channels,
Then do a scan, choose your provider and make sure channel search type is on 'Network'.

At 1st yeah was wondering wheres the frequency ranges usualy i choose 6995 something, dont even see the options, but will try erasing the channels and choosing network to scan.

do only network scan and then choose your net id then scan.

tmc

Ok thx, have reached the part where it now says choose your area, I see Trials, bromley etc etc no areas listed close to me so am trying the 1st one trials ?

It just says add TP list and ive hit yellow button for TP search, its now saying 1-2-3-4-5 already exist....each time

Guess I leave it till it finishes ?

think its got all the channels thx for helps guys :)

did you choose cw for network scan (press green button) list of net ids will come up 41060 or 41047 then press ok this will scan

tmc

Yeap thx, think all the channels are there will check 12pm + ;)

So far the early impressions are pretty good.

I was using my Eurovox max 3 earlier and noticed pictures were all blurry/pixely/blocky, standard definition tends to show the faults alot more on LCD TVS.

However the Arnet krptview box picture quality was vastly better, most of the pixels/blockness has gone ! Picture is alot more smoother and more solid then the Euromax.

So pretty pleased with the picture and sound quality, if not just good to switch on 16.9 mode from within the menu.

So far getting to grips with the menu, tad tedious and not so simply/easy as the Euromaxs menu driven system ie you can press left and right cursor and it jumps pages when channel browsing... also the info tab doesnt come up when u goto a channel offering quick glimpse of whats on and time and start/next programme. Tad annoying having to press Ok button twice to get into the channel also !

Few minor gripes with the menu/lapout and channel browsing but its early days....

Hopefully this box just gets better and better:)

Back