known so far...

pinkhelmets

Inactive User
Reaction score
Well i am not going to make this too complex, but try to help you understand why there is no hack yet.
$eca2 has been compromised with satellite providers. The first compromise was with MOSC (modified-original-smart-cards) which came many months ago. This was limited to version 7.0 cards only which were issued in Italy, Spain and Poland. Due to a card software hole (software malfunction) it was possible to re-load info back to the card to make it work again. FACT- This particular hole does not exist on Top-up cards.
The $eca2 algorithm is known. However, it does not enable us to work backwards to discover a key. This is because 3 main stages are used that have different key tables, so you cant guess/bruteforce all 3 at the same time and be correct.
These 3 different stages of hash tables and op keys are known with Italian and spanish satellite systems, and very soon with polish too. FACT- Each of the 3 providers use different tables and keys. French packages, Dutch, and top-up plus any other $eca2 users must therefore all use different keys and hash tables.
So to obtain these details each providers card has got to be dumped in full, meaning that all stored code must be spat out by the card in order to be read and disassembled. This is both the eeprom and the rom of the card.
The version 7 cards that have been busted have been dumped using an unlooper/glitcher. This is either by huge financial backing or dedicated patient peeps that spent months to acheive the basic dump, let alone begin working on the dump coding.
To dump a top-up card is going to take huge investment in either time or money, because glitching/unlooping will need differnet code to gain card access. It is possible to be done, but unlikely that anyone will attempt. I believe the next to fall will be the French and Dutch satellite packages, and the only hope for those waiting for a tutv hack is the discovery of a new software hole that will allow MOSC's to be created using the known methods.

So sorry if thats not what you want to hear, but i thought i'd let you know. :) Get into satellite and ditch that ariel. :salute:

Best and most informative post for ages. At least the position is now very clear.
Thanks M8
Big AL :)

Back