Keep Losing Connection

no probs, i use the siemens for the voip side of things, brilliant phone, ideal if you want to give a number out thats not your landline..........................does upto 9 different simutaneous calling accounts :D

phillips are ok as well

Remove the ring wire, that way you will improve your line quality no end.

The ring wire acts as a great big aerial, that will create noise and affect your SNR.

PS what router did you get, as on some its possible to log the stats to see what is going on. Have a look here, it can be made to work on other routers also.

The new router is an ZyXEL.

Max looked at my connection logs for me last night and he said it's definitely the line quality, 'no sync' keeps coming up.

Anyway, they are meant to be installing the new line today, so fingers crossed :)

Ok, got the new line installed and the old extensions etc removed. The line was downgraded to 4 mb from 7 mb a couple of weeks ago and when the engineer tested it today i was getting 5 mb, so am pretty happy with that.

They said there is a minor fault on the line somewhere between my house and the exchange, and are checking into it, might have to replace the cabling there. They also said to see how it performs on 4 mb for a couple of days before i ring bb support back up and get put back up to 7 mb. So fingers crossed my internet problems finally solved :)

Max looked at my connection logs for me last night and he said it's definitely the line quality

i've heard it called a few thing but thats a good one, you dirty old dog max :)

i bet he was debugging her socket, and checking his socket for a loose connection.

:roflmao:

typical, you 2 bring it down to the usual level. :)

i bet he was debugging her socket, and checking his socket for a loose connection.

:roflmao:

The same thing crossed my mind :) Plug and socket, I will remember that :)

definitely not a loose connection ;)

anyway just to give you an update, everything appears to be working perfectly so far, no dropped connections at all last night, will wait until monday to call them about putting it back up to 7 mb :)

Last edited:
Ok to give an update on this, got my line speed dropped to 4 mbs a few weeks ago, was still losing connection, got a new line and new phones put in last week and everything was fine, rang broadband support today and asked to be put back up to 7 mb, the guy checked the line and said the most he would recommend for me is 5 mb because i am so far from the exchange or something like that. anyway he put it back up to 5 mb and its dropping connection again, so looks like i will have to go back down to 4 mb :(

have still been having a nightmare with this, had another engineer out today. he said he thinks my new router is faulty, so i rang for a replacement there, and they are sending one out by courier and collecting the old one, hopefully this week.

have been on 3 mb for months at this stage as they couldnt get it stable on 4 mb again, and still having problems on 3 mb. can't wait for upc to roll out fibreoptics in my area :(

my new router arrived today, seems to be working okay so far (ten mins) fingers crossed this will solve the problems we've been having! :banana:

update on the new Zyxel router. it's been dropping dsl, even turning it off and back on or resetting it isn't restoring the dsl connection, but when i plug in my old Netopia router i have dsl.

so anyone any ideas what the problem is at this stage? because eircom clearly don't have a clue :(

Back