Keep Chipped Xbox on Home Network but unable to access internet way????

wenglishboy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi people, firstly I have a chipped xbox and was wondering if there is a way that I can trust the kids to connect to play local games via home network router but disable them from actually going online accidently and then avoiding getting band from xbox live.

also is there hidden menus or something like when a psp has been its been homebrewed etc...

I got a friend to flash my xbox so am unaware of what its capabilities are so to speak if anyone has any pointers on where i can learn what i can do with my flashed xbox (not how to flash it).

thanks people kindest regards.

Just block the ports associated with that IP on your router:

Port 88 (UDP)
Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
Port 80 (TCP)

You would have to disable the rule obviously when you wanted to use it.

there is an alternatitve way to play link up games.. :)

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/295347/

He would need a jtag for link up mate.

as long as he has his parental controls configured to block live then the machine won't connect to m$, OR the ability to create an account log in etc. how ever "link up" etc. is just for jtag, he's just got his drive flashed bud.

could probably still then create a lan game using the existing router.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Just block the ports associated with that IP on your router:

Port 88 (UDP)
Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
Port 80 (TCP)

You would have to disable the rule obviously when you wanted to use it.

so if i set an ip up on the console then go to my router and set up a block rule for that single ip adress it would still let that ip adress connect locally and play games..... i think i will give it a try. thnks friends for your help ÁGAIN!

Could we establish what typed of chipped xbox you have?

Is it an xbox360 or original?

If 360,
Is it running official software on the console and hacked firmware on the DVD rom? Basically what did your mate do to it?
Is it an RGH/Jtag?
What do you mean play games locally on your network? Do you mean play games that are stored on a networked share in the home or play against each other?

flashed xbox verses unflashed xbox (with xbox live) playing locally through router connected to each other.

the flashed xbox has had the dashboard updated by my kids and i went mental but it still plays backup games thats all i knowq about the flashed xbox

Here is the guide from MS
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

As per Mowax's post, the parental settings will prevent connection to Live. If that interferes with the link up play, then you can link two consoles together with a crossover cable. You can also remove the internet feed to the router. This will allow devices to connect to each other wthout access to the outside world.

Last edited by a moderator:
Buy a cheap unmanaged switch or hub and connect them together for offline play. Just connect it to the router when xbox live is required.

you could create a small private LAN. using your existing router.

This is assuming your ip range is 192.168.1.1 - 255 (if your router is 192.168.0.1 - 255) then you'll just have to put them in a range that is not issued by your router.

The box that you don't want to connect to the net give it a static ip address 192.168.0.1 and subnet 255.255.0.0 and then when you want your normal machine to connect to it you'd have to give your normal machine 192.168.0.2 and subnet 255.255.0.0. (all your other devices will be getting 192.168.1.1 etc. addresses)

Means that if you also do parental controls on the one you don't want to allow access to the net they should not be able to go back in and configure the DCHP settings etc. how ever parental controls for that machine is a no brainer.

They will be on your network with no www access as they don't have a gateway, they'll be able to speak to each other though. but won't be able to share stuff like video etc. of your normal network as they'll be out the range.

lots of solutions :)

Last edited:
Back