Just seen the system update - new games for a machine that's never been online

dibbers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
just wondering, just doing a few games for me mates xbox that got some really old CFW on it, i take it if he uses any of the new disks that it'll ask him to do a system update, am i best getting his machine and then flashing it back to stock, doing the update, and then flashing the CFW back to it? i take it if he updates from disk (system) then it'll be the same as plugging it in online where it resets the firmware back to stock?

Thanks

oh and for the record, it'll have to go back to an old version of iextreme as he has loads of old games, guess i can just read the CFW that's on it,. save it, flash back to stock, update via disk or usb, and then put the firmware back on, no point in all his old games not working if i put the new LT+2.00 on it....???? thanks chaps

All his old games will still work on LT2.0 dibbers.
oh and for the record, it'll have to go back to an old version of iextreme as he has loads of old games, guess i can just read the CFW that's on it,. save it, flash back to stock, update via disk or usb, and then put the firmware back on, no point in all his old games not working if i put the new LT+2.00 on it....???? thanks chaps

Re: Just seen the system update - new games for a machine that's never been on line

Morning, all his old games will still work, ?! i thought the new checks brought out with the new iextreme and that would stop the old games from booting, it's a liteon that's never been on line, i was under the impression that if i put the new LT+2.0 on then all his old titles would be defunct?

All his old games are copys by the way...?

Re: Just seen the system update - new games for a machine that's never been on line

Yes all but the ones that have had new ap25 checks added.
Morning, all his old games will still work, ?! i thought the new checks brought out with the new iextreme and that would stop the old games from booting, it's a liteon that's never been on line, i was under the impression that if i put the new LT+2.0 on then all his old titles would be defunct?

All his old games are copys by the way...?

Cheers, so with this machine not ever going on live just in case he has some old tittles (thinks it's iextreme 1.1 that on his drive) is it worth me going to 2.0 ? (sorry just climbed out of bed! haven't had a cup of coffee yet)

Yes if he intends playing the newer xgd3 titles , as the older firmware will not play them Dibbers
Cheers, so with this machine not ever going on live just in case he has some old tittles (thinks it's iextreme 1.1 that on his drive) is it worth me going to 2.0 ? (sorry just climbed out of bed! haven't had a cup of coffee yet)

Thanks for clearing that up for me, I'm just going to put the old firmware back on as he has a shed load of games that i can't be chewed with "me games not working" and all that jazz.....so it'll be beneficial for me and for him if i go back to the old 1.1 firmware, (i guess i answered that as well as when i think about it the 0800 firmware for "any" drive will play any thing) of course never go online...

Thanks again! kettles boiled, going to make a cup of corfeeeee and then get it done and back to him.

Rep added thanks again.

EDIT all that....just seen that he'll need the new firmware if he wants the new games to work..... oh well i guess then i'll need to do him new copies of any of the old games that he wants to play.....

Last edited:

The 0800 firmware is just for ripping games , what games do you mean when you say old games?
Thanks for clearing that up for me, I'm just going to put the old firmware back on as he has a shed load of games that i can't be chewed with "me games not working" and all that jazz.....so it'll be beneficial for me and for him if i go back to the old 1.1 firmware, (i guess i answered that as well as when i think about it the 0800 firmware for "any" drive will play any thing) of course never go online...

Thanks again! kettles boiled, going to make a cup of corfeeeee and then get it done and back to him.

Rep added thanks again.

EDIT all that....just seen that he'll need the new firmware if he wants the new games to work..... oh well i guess then i'll need to do him new copies of any of the old games that he wants to play.....

ok gotcha with the 0800 then..... urm old games that are probs about 1 - 2 years old me thinks.....

L.t 2 will play them , it`s only the one`s with the ap25 checks on that will need reburning if new checks have been added , that apply`s to everyone though.
ok gotcha with the 0800 then..... urm old games that are probs about 1 - 2 years old me thinks.....

ok matey i'm with ya, just one last question if i can..lol....promise!

His dashboard is 2.0.12416.0 i'm just loking under "jf" and the stock firmware for them is listed as

orig-74850C-1a000.bin
orig-74850C-1b000.bin
orig-74850C-1c000.bin
orig-74850C-1d000.bin

his drive is a 74850C so i take it i use the "orig-74850C-1c000.bin" one ?

ta.

Yes Dibbers , that will do
ok matey i'm with ya, just one last question if i can..lol....promise!

His dashboard is 2.0.12416.0 i'm just loking under "jf" and the stock firmware for them is listed as

orig-74850C-1a000.bin
orig-74850C-1b000.bin
orig-74850C-1c000.bin
orig-74850C-1d000.bin

his drive is a 74850C so i take it i use the "orig-74850C-1c000.bin" one ?

ta.

cheers for that, OK, flashed back to stock and took the update from the "gow3" disk, (dashboard has been updated) I've then put the new liteon LT 2.0 on it and flashed it, GOW3 (original) has worked but I've just stuck fifa in (copy) and it's telling me that "an update needs to be applied" i take it this is just a game update and not a "dashboard" update....

an update to the console must be applied to play this game

Would imagine it would just be a game update Dibbers
cheers for that, OK, flashed back to stock and took the update from the "gow3" disk, (dashboard has been updated) I've then put the new liteon LT 2.0 on it and flashed it, GOW3 (original) has worked but I've just stuck fifa in (copy) and it's telling me that "an update needs to be applied" i take it this is just a game update and not a "dashboard" update....

an update to the console must be applied to play this game

phew, it seemed like a massive update that like for a game! reset it's self as it does when it's doing the mega dash board update! any way all working now...thanks mate.

As a thanks....I'd like to invite you to my private "seedbox" for a month or so if you wanna hammer it free of charge mate (only works on private trackers) if your interested....?

•250GB Storage
•100Mb/s Speed
•Unlimited Bandwidth
•Unlimited Torrents
•rTorrent / ruTorrent / FTP

Last edited:

Thank`s for the offer Dibbers , but i`m ok m8
phew, it seemed like a massive update that like for a game! reset it's self as it does when it's doing the mega dash board update! any way all working now...thanks mate.

As a thanks....I'd like to invite you to my private "seedbox" for a month or so if you wanna hammer it free of charge mate (only works on private trackers) if your interested....?

•250GB Storage
•100Mb/s Speed
•Unlimited Bandwidth
•Unlimited Torrents
•rTorrent / ruTorrent / FTP

Back